Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating a jump back into the Superbike category from the Hypermotard. I've got my eye on a pretty clean 1098s with under 2200 miles on it.
Aside from the usual things to keep an eye out for on a used bike, is there anything specific I should be looking for on a 2008 model? Recalls, known issues, etc?

Appreciate any insight!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
1. Tank expansion when used with gas containing ethanol.
2. Voltage Rectifier/Regulator goes out (issue on all Duc's). Ez replace
3. Possible radiator issue, since the mount on 1098 was weak, could get a leak. Until then, you are fine.
4. Possible issues with starter sprag. Extremely hard starting can be one indication, but many causes
5. See if you can get 2 black keys, code card and the manual immobilizer code. If not, could impact you later, maybe...
6. Maintenance. Check if it has had proper maintenance, if not, there's $ there you'll need to cough up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Tank expansion when used with gas containing ethanol.
2. Voltage Rectifier/Regulator goes out (issue on all Duc's). Ez replace
3. Possible radiator issue, since the mount on 1098 was weak, could get a leak. Until then, you are fine.
4. Possible issues with starter sprag. Extremely hard starting can be one indication, but many causes
5. See if you can get 2 black keys, code card and the manual immobilizer code. If not, could impact you later, maybe...
6. Maintenance. Check if it has had proper maintenance, if not, there's $ there you'll need to cough up.
Fantastic info! Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts