Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am able to locate these battery hold down straps on eBay (new) however the vendors all seem to be out of country.

Specifically, I need two Ducati pn# 759 1 006 1A battery hold down straps. Mine are roached.

I'll need other components as well, so I'd like to know if there is a solid single-source OEM parts vendor here in the USA.

I've nothing against overseas vendors, but it seems more prudent to go with a vendor in the states. Return and exchange issues are just easier/simpler/less costly when buying "locally" ... ~ahem~ ...

Thanks folks.

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ducati of Omaha offers OEM parts online. I've used them in the past...great resource.

https://www.ducatiomaha.com/pages/ducati-oem-parts
For the life of me I could not remember the name of that vendor. I had seen them mentioned any number of times within this forum, but I could not recall their name. I didn't sleep worth two shits last night so my mind is all but useless this morning.

Thank you for the help.

:smile2:

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ducati of Omaha offers OEM parts online. I've used them in the past...great resource.

https://www.ducatiomaha.com/pages/ducati-oem-parts
Well this is a bummer .... quoting their webpage ...

"SORRY, we no longer offer online parts services for anything before 2000 due to sketchy availability and inaccurate/outdated information in the parts diagrams."

When I enter the part number for those battery straps it returns with some sort of ~tool~ (no picture of the item either).

So, little or no help for 1996 900CR.

Ok, back to eBay.

.. dang me! ..

:(

EDIT: Locating some on eBay that are stateside vendors.

:)

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
For pre-2000 parts you need to call Ducati of Omaha during the week on the phone, a smart lady answers and pulls the part up immediately if you already have the number. She says we have it, or will order it from Italy. 8 days is the longest I've ever waited for the odd part. Once she called me back an hour later on an Italian order and said we found one in stock anyway, you can have it in two days and reduced the (rather low anyway) shipping charge. It takes 2-3 weeks for every part from my local dealer.

And if you only know the exact name of the part, she can still find it in a minute, she knows the old bikes very well. Sadly, a lot of parts are coming as assemblies, like front turnsignals are all one deal - lense, gasket or socket not sold separate anymore, but at least you can just order left or right.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Call Motorcycles of Charlotte in N.C. talk to John their number is 704-882-6106, thats where I get all of my parts I am sure they would be happy to help you.

·
Registered
919 Posts
For older parts, you can go to the Steine Dinse website in Germany. Select the English version. You can search for older parts there and either input the part number into Ducati Omaha ordering system or buy it from Steine Dinse if you wish. There is no import duty on anything less than about $300 (maybe larger now).

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'd follow the advise for Ducati Omaha. I've ordered old parts for my 1993 from them and still gotten them. A great many parts are still available by P/N even though no parts fiche is shown on their site......sean

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well this is a bummer .... quoting their webpage ...

"SORRY, we no longer offer online parts services for anything before 2000 due to sketchy availability and inaccurate/outdated information in the parts diagrams."

When I enter the part number for those battery straps it returns with some sort of ~tool~ (no picture of the item either).

So, little or no help for 1996 900CR.

Ok, back to eBay.

.. dang me! ..

:(

EDIT: Locating some on eBay that are stateside vendors.

:)
Nope they have all the parts. I have ordered battery straps and many other hard to find parts from them.

Here is what you do:
Go to Mornington Ducati for all part numbers. Then go to Omaha Ducati and punch in your part number per sean's suggestion.

Don't forget, they offer free shipping over $25.00. If you don't buy enough to reach free shipping, they offer T's and other cool items. I didn't know this on my first order and paid for shipping by mistake.

You couldn't ask for nicer guys. They order directly from Ducati Italy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm on theDucati Omaha bandwagon as well. They sourced new rubber tie down straps for the toolkit and owners manual for my 1995 SS. They came straight from Ducati in Italy. Shipping was more than the straps! (sample attached)
Finding used parts like this isn't much of an option - they are all roached by now- just like yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have only good things to say About Ducati of Omaha as well and the free
shipping over $25 is hard to beat. I have also ordered from AMS in Texas as
well they have slightly lower prices some times but no free shipping until you
reach $250 per order.

·
Registered
164 Posts
plugging @Finally home part number into Ducati Omaha it prices and would be orderable, at least. Better than NLA. May be worth a call to the young lady to check actual availability.

so use 000061172 which obviously supercedes the original part number in the book.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll catch up with you guys in a bit ... I'm watching outdoor MX with my wife and brother on TV ... about another hour I reckon.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'll catch up with you guys in a bit ... I'm watching outdoor MX with my wife and brother on TV ... about another hour I reckon.
To sum up one of the easier methods:

Get your part numbers here:
Ducati Spare Parts

Order from Omaha Ducati!

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
For pre-2000 parts you need to call Ducati of Omaha during the week on the phone, a smart lady answers and pulls the part up immediately if you already have the number. She says we have it, or will order it from Italy. 8 days is the longest I've ever waited for the odd part. Once she called me back an hour later on an Italian order and said we found one in stock anyway, you can have it in two days and reduced the (rather low anyway) shipping charge. It takes 2-3 weeks for every part from my local dealer.
Nope they have all the parts. I have ordered battery straps and many other hard to find parts from them.

Here is what you do:
Go to Mornington Ducati for all part numbers. Then go to Omaha Ducati and punch in your part number per sean's suggestion.

Don't forget, they offer free shipping over $25.00. If you don't buy enough to reach free shipping, they offer T's and other cool items. I didn't know this on my first order and paid for shipping by mistake.

You couldn't ask for nicer guys. They order directly from Ducati Italy.

I was in Omaha for a reunion last month, and made a point of it to stop by Ducati Omaha and see the place. Lots of new bikes, real nice folks. I just wanted to thank them for their on-line presence and the quick service I've gotten from them in the past.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts