Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere on the web that Canada and USA has different specs for the same model and to keep that in mind before purchasing one from Canada and it got me wondering what are the differences exactly? Does California have it's own specs too? Can someone point me in the right direction?

I rode a S2R1000 from Canada and it does feel slightly different, possibly slower, from my own but then again it is a different bike.

I also noticed the one motor had an oil window on each side while one had it only on the driver's side. What gives?

Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
CA

Ducati makes all the new bikes the same in the USA there is no 49 State bike vs California thats why I was able to register both my bikes from new and out of state in Ca with 0 miles and brand new

·
Registered
94 Posts
The difference between Canada and US (+CA) is the evaporate emissions recovery that is done to the more stringent CA CARB standards in the US. It's an ugly black cuboid box on the side of the engine with some hoses going into it. It recovers gasoline evaporation fumes so nothing escapes to the atmosphere.

Probably 90% of owners remove it immediately after purchase.

Ducati Evaporate Emissions Canister

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Char Box

I still have not removed mine, and do not know whether or not I will , its not that pretty but it might protect that part of the bike from objects flying across the road or freeway lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
From the article that halo linked:

"I have no idea why they mounted it in such an obvious and noticeable location on the left-hand side of the motorcycle, hanging off the engine in a location that’s as obvious as a wart on a nose."

I think the answer is simple ... so it is convenient to remove. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts