Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After attending the Roebling Road US Desmo Trackday on March 30th this year, I decided to write a review of the experience. It was a well run and great day but I could of done without falling off and breaking my shoulder blade.

A lot of people never quite get around to the track day thing. Whether it is the cost, the uncertainty of the experience or plain inertia, riding a motorcycle on a closed circuit is a joy left to the minority of motorcycle riders. Even though I am an ex-road racer (the older I get, the faster I was), I was affected by the same factors and so had spent 15 years off the track. I decided to do something about it and signed up for a US Desmo trackday with my Ducati Monster S4Rs at Roebling Road, GA.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Nice write up. That was my first track day at Roebling and I had a blast. Sorry to hear about the way your track day ended.

You are right about the speed- Roebling is FAST- 4th & 5th gear and really only braking for turn 1. It's not just that it is fast but the track really flows, every corner exit and entry flow together.

Jim @ US Desmo really runs a great track day. If you have a chance try to get to CMP- it is the exact opposite of Roebling (lots of hard braking and you use the entire gear box on every lap). I will miss the CMP 5/18/09 but I look forward to the 2 day event in the fall- I'll be looking for you.

Butch

·
Registered
59 Posts
I really wanted to attend this event, since i have never had my 1098 on track. I have run Roebling and (and others) many times on my R6 and loved it. When is the next Desmo day at a track close to SC?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts