Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents
I rather fancy fitting one of Brembo's goldline P34G rear calipers, anyone know where I can get an upside down mount?

Regards Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have one of Travis' rear caliper hangers and it is first class, his comes with the same caliper that you want to mount, if he still has them maybe he would sell just the hanger.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have one of Travis' rear caliper hangers and it is first class, his comes with the same caliper that you want to mount, if he still has them maybe he would sell just the hanger.
Hey Guys -
I've been communicating with Travis at Demon Tech 'cause I want one of these mounts too.

Here's the scoop:
He will do another run if we can come up with 5 buyers. So if you think :think: you might want one, email demon tech at the above address (thanks spezag) and let him know! Do it soon! :eek:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sorry guys but what is the difference where the caliper is???? apart from looks...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Odd, I tried emailing him about this and never heard back. How much does he want for the caliper/mount?

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Sorry guys but what is the difference where the caliper is???? apart from looks...
For most street bikes, the answer is looks - but this is based on the fact that most race bikes use the under-mount caliper to ease rapid wheel changes when switching between tire choices gearing, etc.

Sorry Demontech has been unavailable - I think I paid about $450 for the full set-up, including the caliper and brake line.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Odd, I tried emailing him about this and never heard back. How much does he want for the caliper/mount?
I just found out he is also a member of this board - his ID is Demon, and he has posted as recently as today. Try sending him a PM and see if he responds.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Really the 2p rear caliper works with stock rims! But not with the stock mount? I have a extra 2p off a 99 SS that the same offset we are looking for with Demons bottom mount? I'd love it for the ease of tire swaps. If this SS 2p of mine will work.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Really the 2p rear caliper works with stock rims! But not with the stock mount? I have a extra 2p off a 99 SS that the same offset we are looking for with Demons bottom mount? I'd love it for the ease of tire swaps. If this SS 2p of mine will work.
I've posted this before, you can also use this bracket from a dual swingarm Monster.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey Primomoto, How are you coming along with your 5 buyers for Demontech to do a run. I MIGHT be interested? :think:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've got an unused set (bracket plus gold caliper) if someone is interested. I'm swapping swingarms so won't be needing it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I got my mount on ebay from Italy, just type ergal & they come up. I think i got it from Bursi Evoloution.

Remember you need a longer brake hose for it to fit

Heres a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Personally I find upside down mounted calipers on Ducati rear brakes are prone to air in the lines and it's hard to get the air out, they need frequent bleeding. Respectfully I see no practical use for this setup on the street IMHO except for the fact it looks good so I would think twice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Personally I find upside down mounted calipers on Ducati rear brakes are prone to air in the lines and it's hard to get the air out, they need frequent bleeding. Respectfully I see no practical use for this setup on the street IMHO except for the fact it looks good so I would think twice.
4 yrs later.... :think:

6,048 Posts
Once it is bled properly it should not be a problem

When Installing I usually take the caliper off the Hanger and raise it up
Place a wrench between the pads and Bleed it.
Works great from that point on.
helps to have a power bleeder or a Mity-Vac

New From Discacciati
Bracket and Calipers come in Black or Silver
2 Piston

and
4 Piston

we also have the Demon tech with brembo caliper

1 - 20 of 20 Posts