Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All it took was a little ride on a mate's 900SS.
14 mnds later found the bike I like.
1998 900SSie

excelent forum and very informative on Ducs as I know precious little about them other than a wee bit of the realy old ones from the 1960-70-80 era.
resqued the wonderfull sounds of the dry clutch.

sadly bkoke my ankle and leg in 3 places, so riding the beast is out of the question for a few months according to the surgeon.
It is "sleeping over" at the dealer

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Welcome to your addiction!

Watch out on peoples' signatures on where the are from.

There are some in Western Australia and many more Ozwide.

I am more than happy to talk direct as I have modded my 01 version and now know a thing or two, but still a million to learn.

Send a PM with your email etc. I have a workshop manual I can upload to a web site I use, so you can download it.

Richard

PS - shame about the colour ..... nah, just kidding

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the offer.
Is being Australian a negative?:abduct:
Or is it that this is NOT a carbie version 1998 bike that you have to throw big $$ at to get them anywhere near what these stock factory improved bikes are.
Cams, shock, forks, brake system complete, wheels, carbies, levers,
I believe that putting on the old style fairing is not such a big deal if one "hates" the shape.
If one looks point for point at what you get buying a ie model then it makes a good case not at least condidering the improved 900SS ie bikes.
As stated before I do not know much about Ducati's.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Various to your post

The watch out was not watch out because they are Australian, but watch out because you will find kindred spirits!

Carbie/EFI - give me EFI any day, especially when you have the software/tools to map it.

Shape - it is all personal, but I love the 98+and have no objection to the carbie shape. I did not even sit on mine before committing to buy it from new.

These bikes are simple to work on and lend themselves to both performance and cosmetic mods. My dislikes (all sorted on mine) are the daggy table tennis bat mirrors, oversize hugger, ugly indicators and finally the registration plate etc. holder.

Check other posts/threads on this, but if your sprockets are still 15 front and 40 rear, have a look at changing the rear to 43 for much better acceleration, tractability etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts