Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I would like to know what would it take to upgrade from my default 1100 1gen hypermotard
rear axle to the bigger one, like to a street fighter or 1098 axle? Maybe stupid question but still I love the big axle rims which of course are never available for small axles. Thanks!

Proud sugar daddy of my 620ie 2001, S2R800 2006 and dirty sexy foxy lady AKA 1100 2008 Hypermotard

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'd say you'd have to change the swing arm...if you change Cheadle then it'll take a wider wheel which I would guess would rub..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say you'd have to change the swing arm...if you change Cheadle then it'll take a wider wheel which I would guess would rub..

Ok, so would it fit? I mean to the engine case Quite logical explanation, by the way, thanks!

Proud sugar daddy of my 620ie 2001, S2R800 2006 and dirty sexy foxy lady AKA 1100 2008 Hypermotard

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,374 Posts
Not sure why youd want to go through all that trouble. Most OE marchesini wheels have (except the 1198s/r) a matching style in the smaller axle size and most aftermarket companies cater to both big and small bikes. Sounds like a headache to me :<

Reactions: cmejia1978

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure why youd want to go through all that trouble. Most OE marchesini wheels have (except the 1198s/r) a matching style in the smaller axle size and most aftermarket companies cater to both big and small bikes. Sounds like a headache to me :<

Interesting. Would check the styles out. And to answer the question I love to play mechanic so...

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,374 Posts
I love to play mechanic so...
All I know is that this bike wont take anything bigger than a 5.75" rear width tire. Or else you will likely have all kinds of rubbing. The bike already comes with a 5.50" rear already fyi.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well....if you want to I'd suggest changing the whole swing arm....probably cheaper too as breakers probably won't mess around.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Fatter rear tires require more input. You may not like what you end up with.

Reactions: cmejia1978

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fatter rear tires require more input. You may not like what you end up with.

Say no more, this topic is ENDED no slow shiiiiiaat for me sir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts