Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the unused Connectors under 998 tail section are there for? I am assuming they are not unique to my bike only.

·
9,757 Posts
They're there for the traction control that came on the 998s FE. The TC is not hooked up because it isn't street legal.

You can either buy a jumper from the dealership ($$$) or connect them with electrical wire and you'll have traction control.

LOL! just playing. Don't go connecting them! I don't know what they are.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have them on my 02 998, I think theyre for connecting some kind of computer to them to check diagnostics maybe ?? anyone confirm this ?

·
Registered
236 Posts
The three pin connector under the seat is for the Mathesis diagnostic tool (or VDST)

The other one I'm not sure about, 12 volt power if I remember correctly?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... good info. Is there another unused 12V out near the front fairing that could be accessed to wire in GPS or is that the only 12V out on the bike?

·
Super Moderator
8,194 Posts
None that i know off.. You might check the draw on the GPS and solder in some connectors with your parking/running lights. They draw about 5w each.. Replace them with LEDS and you have about 8watts to work with (or 0.7 amps)

//amullo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts