Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Trying to get the bike ready for it's first real ride with local Ducati folks. Going to Yosemite. It will be my first time there.

In the process of getting the bike ready, I want to install a small USB outlet to run my iPhone. After I remove the front fairing I see this unlabled electrical connector. Anyone know what it's for?

(And I may have inadvertently done this... Not sure) I see this bundled black and blue wire pair below the clutch.Any ideas what they might go to? Anything critical?

Already put new shoes on her. New pr of Dunlop Sportmax Q3+. Reviews are good on them. Really wanted the new Michelin Road 5 but Cycle Gear didn't have them in the store and I didn't have time to wait for them to be shipped.

Thx for the help

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
First pic is the diagnostic port, just missing the plastic cap there.

Second your clutch switch appears broken. When it's plugged it allows you to start the bike in gear when you pull the clutch. If this switch doesn't work you have to put tranny in neutral to start.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Ricko I have the cap. Took it off to see what was under it. Kinda thought that's what it was.

To the broken wires... That explains why my bike will not start unless in neutral. I read in the manual it was supposed to also start with the clutch engaged but clutch activation makes no difference. Another thing to fix.

Thx for the help.

Michael

·
Super Moderator
5,437 Posts
Just a heads-up on that clutch microswitch...it's friggin expensive to replace if it should break.

I paid 70$ for one...yeah, I know you can rig up a different switch...but I didn't want to turn it into a project.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Just a heads-up on that clutch microswitch...it's friggin expensive to replace if it should break.
At the dealer yes. But motowheels, bellissimoto or kurveygirl have those. I paid 20$ for the model going on brembo masters.

dealer wanted 90$!

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
If you want to match the part number up I’ll bet that microswitch is cheap through an electronics online store.

Reactions: Punch
1 - 8 of 8 Posts