Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... got a fat bonus - most of it is going to go into the house but I've sandbagged some for my 60,000k service and with a bit to spare I'm now waffling between the following:
- Full Termi
- Some other full exh. plus ecu tune (Termi is ugly imo... Akro or maybe the SCProject CF?)
- Marchesini's.

Price for all is in the same ballpark ($2k'ish)... I'm leaning wheels but a part of me wants to give in and get one of the sound upgrades.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I prioritized the exhaust for mine, though I much prefer the look of the Akrapovic to the Termi. New wheels would (will) be great, but I wouldn't necessarily notice and be grateful for the investment every single time I ride the bike, the way I do that glorious exhaust note. Weight loss of that massive canister and appearance improvement are fantastic too.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
Exhaust/fueling then wheels.

Reactions: jheurte

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Wheels - bigger purchase and you have the funds now. Easier to come up with funds for an exhaust upgrade later. Granted an exhaust upgrade would be nice, the wheels will really make a difference in your ride.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
The wheels should make a bigger difference. I’d do that.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sound is important to me. If your bike has stock exhaust now, I vote pipe. But I probably wouldn't get the Termi after spending some time on one with. The little carbon guard is constantly interfering with where I like to place my foot, and I don't want to be leaning on/bumping it, so I've become uncomfortable in that area. It doesn't seem like it'd be durable enough to be constantly banged on and a replacement is $$$.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I looked high and low and I couldn't find a bike i wanted more than the Multi so I decided to keep the bike and double down. Just got the 5 year warranty and the full Termi exhaust.

If you're worried about looks, you should probably look into having it ceramic coated, I've seen amazing results but too much $ for me. The up-map made a decent difference for the bike and the sound is amazing, it feels / sounds more like a ducati now and well... >:)

Enjoy the bonus! post results.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachm...full-system-multistrada-termignoni-hanger.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked high and low and I couldn't find a bike i wanted more than the Multi so I decided to keep the bike and double down. Just got the 5 year warranty and the full Termi exhaust.

If you're worried about looks, you should probably look into having it ceramic coated, I've seen amazing results but too much $ for me. The up-map made a decent difference for the bike and the sound is amazing, it feels / sounds more like a ducati now and well... >:)

Enjoy the bonus! post results.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachm...full-system-multistrada-termignoni-hanger.jpg
How did you get it black? any full side pics... I think I'm liking the black a LOT more than that huge can o titanium look.

·
Registered
85 Posts
DaveK,

Sound over wheels! Fueling actually was my biggest concern when I first got my Pikes Peak. I ride my Pikes Peak only two-up and it seemed that the flat-spot was my sweet spot in the twisties. The pipe and ecu mapping eliminated the flat-spot and fueling is now spot on where ever I need to be when on the throttle.

I did have one drawback and that the Termi was almost too loud for the significant other. I almost had to put the baffle in:frown2:, however I was able to dodge that bullet when I insisted that we buy a Costco size box of the ear plugs that she likes so that she always has fresh ear plugs. So when the bike gets too loud for her she grabs a new set of ear plugs. I also make sure to take a few extra. So far so good!!!

I will say it does brown-up on the rear end but the weight loss and appearance make that up for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
How did you get it black? any full side pics... I think I'm liking the black a LOT more than that huge can o titanium look.
https://www.jet-hot.com/

They are the ones who have done at least one other on this board. They coat it inside and out with ceramic. Plenty of benefits aside from the look. I'm going to do mine eventually.

Cerakote is the manufacture of the coating, you might be able to find someone local but this jet-hot place looks to be legit.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachm...y-ducati-multistrada-pikes-peak-side-view.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
https://www.jet-hot.com/

They are the ones who have done at least one other on this board. They coat it inside and out with ceramic. Plenty of benefits aside from the look. I'm going to do mine eventually.

Cerakote is the manufacture of the coating, you might be able to find someone local but this jet-hot place looks to be legit.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachm...y-ducati-multistrada-pikes-peak-side-view.jpg
Ahh... I know a lot of guy who've jet-hot coated car headers for heat reduction. That's a really good idea for those of us who don't like the bright silver can.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Maybe we can get a volume discount by sending 2 sets.... not likely but wishful thinking.

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I don't like the looks of the Termi but I like the upmap key...
I do like the looks of several other systems (Arrow, SC Project, MIIV, QD all have nice looking options) but don't like the iffy tune options (Rexxer that may cause problems and have a guy that apparently doesn't respond to emails... or non ecu based approaches that amount to intercepting signals).

I'm getting wheels... maybe the exhaust solutions will be sorted out next year.

With wheels it's basically Marchesini or OZ if you want to Forged Al... and I like look of the Marchesinis over the OZ offering.

Reactions: Gadgetech

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had wheels on another bike and THEN i bent a rim. I haven't bought aftermarket wheels since then.

Now I wait for a while before getting wheels if at all. As far as pipes, that tumor on the bottom of the bike has to go

Post some pics of whatever you end up getting.

·
Registered
433 Posts
So I don't like the looks of the Termi but I like the upmap key...
I do like the looks of several other systems (Arrow, SC Project, MIIV, QD all have nice looking options) but don't like the iffy tune options (Rexxer that may cause problems and have a guy that apparently doesn't respond to emails... or non ecu based approaches that amount to intercepting signals).

I'm getting wheels... maybe the exhaust solutions will be sorted out next year.

With wheels it's basically Marchesini or OZ if you want to Forged Al... and I like look of the Marchesinis over the OZ offering.
I thought Chris E said Marchesinis didn't save a meaningful amount of weight.... what about BSTs?... sounds like you want Al though.

Also used Marchesinis seem to abound on ebay... so maybe both Marchesini and Termi...

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought Chris E said Marchesinis didn't save a meaningful amount of weight.... what about BSTs?... sounds like you want Al though.

Also used Marchesinis seem to abound on ebay... so maybe both Marchesini and Termi...
If I can find them in good shape... they're $2300 new, if I can get them for less then maybe I could do a twofer.

Guess I need to doublecheck weight... one site claimed 30% - that's not nothin.

·
Registered
869 Posts
If I can find them in good shape... they're $2300 new, if I can get them for less then maybe I could do a twofer.

Guess I need to doublecheck weight... one site claimed 30% - that's not nothin.
Changing my tires on the Multi and comparing the wheels to what's on my 1299S, there is a weight difference, but on a 550lb bike, the 2-3 pounds of saving is not going to be felt as much as on a 420lb bike.

And the real area where you feel these weight savings is on high speed S bends which the Multi isn't that great as it carries a lot of weight pretty high.

But I'd still get them if I had money burning a hole in my pocket...:)

1 - 20 of 112 Posts