Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to do some more sport oriented riding the last few days, and now I see the chicken strips are different widths.

1/4 rear.
7/8ths front.

Is this normal?
Does is mean anything bad?

I've got the stock size tires. Rosso II on the back, Rosso Corsa on the front.

Thanks...

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
Profiles are different on the tires, front to rear. Nothing to worry about. When I read this, I thought it might have been left-to-right. That would have been more interesting... :)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
As said, different profiles front to rear are part of it, but so is riding style. Taking wide, sweeping lines through turns will get the front over more; the point and shoot school of cornering (best approach for powerful bikes IMHO) will wear the rear closer to the edge than the front.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I got a chance to do some more sport oriented riding the last few days, and now I see the chicken strips are different widths.

1/4 rear.
7/8ths front.

Is this normal?
Does is mean anything bad?

I've got the stock size tires. Rosso II on the back, Rosso Corsa on the front.

Thanks...
That means you are better turning one way than the other. IF its front and rear you are concerned about don't worry. I got no chicken strips on the back and half an inch on the front. the front tire is the one that is the most difficult. if you eliminate the chicken strips on the front it means you ride fast as poop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts