Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past couple weeks, I've noticed that when I ride for any length of time (say, 30min plus), I end up with a wet spot on the seat, along the left side.

When I ride with my riding pants, it's usually not a problem, but if I just have jeans on, I end up with a wet spot just below my arse, on my left thigh. :eek:

The bike is kept outside, but covered up as much as possible. It has sat out in the rain, but not for a couple of weeks. However, I'm thinking if there was water in the foam of the seat, I would experience "leakage" all over, and not just on the left side.

The only thing I can come up with right now is something to do with the heating of the seat from the rear cyl. head pipe, thereby causing some kind of condensation.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
it is the rain and the bike sits on the side stand so the water collects on the left side. just a guess.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
When I ride with my riding pants, it's usually not a problem, but if I just have jeans on, I end up with a wet spot just below my arse, on my left thigh. :eek:

Anyone else have this problem?
Not that I would admit to online....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sounds like theres water in the foam which is oozing back out through the stitching, hence the wet patch on one area.
Why dont you just cover you seat when its parked up,wont fix it but may help it getting any worse.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like theres water in the foam which is oozing back out through the stitching, hence the wet patch on one area.
Why dont you just cover you seat when its parked up,wont fix it but may help it getting any worse.
I cover the bike most of the time. Unfortunately, a couple nights, we've had storms which were "unpredicted". Plus, a few weeks ago, we had a bad Nor'easter, and having the cover on the bike would have increased the possibility that it would blow over.

I just can't help noticing the irony of the poster's name and the accepted solution. :p
:D

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Walking around looking like you've just pissed yourself is all part of the Sportclassic experience. :)

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I end up with a wet spot after hitting some unexpected bumps or gravel.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hah-hah I get the same exact problem. It becomes a damp little area right below the ol' left cheek. I have not given it much thought but the whole water in the seat foam sqeezing out the left stitching sounds likely. My bike has been out in the rain numerous times and the damp cheek happens each time, but not in dry weather.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
hah-hah I get the same exact problem. It becomes a damp little area right below the ol' left cheek. I have not given it much thought but the whole water in the seat foam sqeezing out the left stitching sounds likely. My bike has been out in the rain numerous times and the damp cheek happens each time, but not in dry weather.
Got the same thing happen to me.. I attributed it to some water getting caught in the seat foam and then getting squeezed out...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts