Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have read a few threads on this....I have a '95 916 that will not see a track....we have put a lot of work into this bike and was toying with adding SpeedyMotos underbody sliders....again this bike will only see street and show use.

I know this seems to be a polarizing topic ....it's either a "great idea" and will minimize damage...to "no way", it will/could cause more damage.

Cutting through the body is not an option...so it would be the underbody or nothing.....thoughts?!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...this has to be a first....no comments for a couple days?! :eek:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Underbodys do not create more damage, if you are gonna do sliders they are the way to go, but if the bike is for just street and show, I wouldn't think you would need them anyway.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
there are pretty much 2 schools of thought. some say it's a good idea and some say it's a bad idea.
I never used sliders on my ducs. Heard that in the event of a crash, it will bend or crack the frame. A bent or cracked frame is not cheap to fix/replace.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
We use under body sliders on most of our project bikes to protect things like radiators, water pump, battery and clutch.

Things like axle sliders, bar-end sliders, folding levers, beefy clutch covers and other such items help the bike survive simple low sides that can leave you standed.

If you ride up in the hills where there is no cell service, or if you do a lot of track days, this could prevent you from getting stranded or ending your day early.

-M

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
keep in mind most require you to fit a smaller battery. tye posted some photos of a lowside a while ago with very minor damage due to speedymoto underbody crash knobs. they look like the way to go, nice large surface area pressing against the inside of the fairing.

nice example of the marque btw

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the posts.

·
Registered
477 Posts
ON my 749d, a Track only bike, I had to remove the vacuum DOT reservoir container thing.

Otherwise there was no installation issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts