I have been working with Michael Heth of Motolectric to come up with an under-seat mounting system that keeps the ability to but the bike back to stock.
This system uses a Shorai LiFePO4 LFX14A2-BS12 battery on a quick disconnect so it can be removed on cold mornings and warmed up for easier starting. I also ordered a 26” solenoid to starter lead so I could route the wire to the left side away from my belts.
All the Motolectric components were of top quality and look strong enough to start a tank!
These are the installation steps I came up with:
1. Remove the voltage regulator.
2. Cut off the two unused plastic lugs in picture-1 (they will push the battery into the seat pan).
3. Relocate the voltage regulator under the seat with some m6 screws. Use metal spacers to hold the VR off the electronics tray a bit for cooling, see picture-2.
4. Install the battery with some adhesive backed Velcro in the location shown in picture-3. (The grey tray is not required)
5. Install the quick disconnect to the battery and attach to tray, picture-4.
6. Connect to the old battery and carefully wrap connection to prevent shorts, see picture-5. Zip tie connections to the bottom of the rear tank mount. (I bolted mine with rubber washers)
7. Remove the old solenoid and ground leads, insulate the ends and loop them back out of the way.
8. Install the new Positive & Negative leads and tie off.
Finally put modeling clay on any high spots and install your seat to check for clearance. I did this with an 06 Monoposto, and it just fits. Someone will have to test it with a two-seater..