Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just uncrated my F1098S MID BLK! Yippie! Pics to follow tomorrow. I was told mine was the first to ship after the recall, and well I got it. So happy. They are going to PDI it tomorrow. Came with the fork fixed but there was a box with the new fuel line kit included. It will be ready saturday. Wish I had the space, I would have kept the crate too and made a work bench out of it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrtas Freezerburn, You're gonna love it you have the same colour as mine. It looks to be nice weather for you tomorrow. Are you planning to ride sea to sky tomorrow?:)

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just brought her home an hour ago. Sweet!

Mickpdx - good call on the ride. Will be scrubbing in those tires tomorrow maybe just where you suggest!

I uploaded the pics at work but it was suck a cluster fark getting everything squared up so I could bring it home today. I will put them up on monday. What a smooth bike. Not a surprise as my last bike was a Buell... Did find a false neutral between 4th and 5th but doubt that will be a concern. I think it ws just a sloppy shift on my part. Had DTC set at 8 and still tries to spin the tire under 6k rpm. I think this beast may just be able to scare me. :eek: I have been training on mybrute so hopefully that will help.:cool:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I got a call from my dealer yesterday that the fork has been replaced and I can finally pick up the bike today. I guess that's why I'm up at 4am. After waiting 6 mos., I only have 6 more hours to go. I just may log those first 600 miles this weekend :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
congrats Freezer enjoy it !!
ride its brains out lol
oh and it's scary ok
after 6000 -7000 rpm:yeah:

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ak57. I've put on 300km over the last two days. My first ride I went with the sales associate that sold me my bike. He took the demo SF and I was on mine and we did a little rip to Horseshoe Bay along marine drive from vancouver. I could just see people thinking WTF is that...and that??? I'm still grinning.:D Stupid fast without trying!:eek: Just love it. Put another 150km on it today. Rode up to Cypres Bowl then from horseshoe bay back to vancouver solo. Weather has been the tops here. Glad to hear that most who have been waiting are finally getting their bikes as well.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Dammit freezer .... I was hoping you had posted pictures..... soon I hope.
Glad you enjoy it. Starting to get excited.... only another week or so...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Freezer, sure hope you stop to take some pics of your SF along the waterfront? Spanish Banks woulda made a good background.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uncrating pics tomorrow.

I have to agree, there is some great backdrops around vancouver for some pics. Spanish banks is great, I will consider it a request.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few pics

Just a few pictures of the uncrating on thursday. Can you see the genuine italian hand print on those stock cans, put there by a real italian?!

Attachments

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow Freezerburn, I had no Idea that the pic in your avatar was, um... YOU! ;)

BTW, what are you pointing at with your right hand in the first pic? :eek: :abduct:

I guess the finger pointing is trying to convey that the beast in the box has balls:cool:

ps: still no word:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts