Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally mounted a pair of Rizoma Reverse Retro mirrors onto my bike tonight. They look awesome and the finish is outstanding BUT they don't have any adjustability to them! I didn't realise that when I bought them. I just figured I would be able to fine-tune the position by slightly moving the mirror as desired (just like the oem ones). Instead, everything gets tightened up and that's where they stay.

I haven't ridden the bike yet... but I was wondering if anybody else out there who has these mirrors fitted can comment on this fact. Its hard to tell without riding the bike but the view looks like I will have to move my head a fair bit to see behind me. What I mean is the natural riding position view through the mirrors looks like I will be looking in the lane next to me rather than actually right behind me. Bit disappointing because as I said the quality is outstanding.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
?? huh? they have great adjustability..

the mirror is connected to the arm by a ball joint. mirror moves... when i got mine they were super tight and thought the same but after closer examination i realized the mirror does move independently of the arm. and since they are so tight there is zero movement on them when you get them into the desired position..

for that amount of money they better move..... ;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
?? huh? they have great adjustability..

the mirror is connected to the arm by a ball joint. mirror moves... when i got mine they were super tight and thought the same but after closer examination i realized the mirror does move independently of the arm. and since they are so tight there is zero movement on them when you get them into the desired position..

for that amount of money they better move..... ;)
+1 !!! they are way better than stock !!

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Marty, something's amiss...they are easy to adjust up or down, plus you can flip the mirror to the outside or inside. When flipped to the outside you get a bit better view angle (I have mine flipped to the inside). Perhaps you are being too gentle and just need to trust that they do adjust. They are fantastic.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Don't be afraid to give them a good push/ pull. They are on pretty tight but not stuck. you will appreciate that they aren't loose after a few thousand miles.... These mirrors are very well made.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the responses. I'll get tough with them and give them a bit of muscle:mad:

Gee they must be tight because I was worried I was already being too rough and that I might break my new expensive mirrors!

Cheers:p

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Thanks guys for the responses. I'll get tough with them and give them a bit of muscle:mad:

Gee they must be tight because I was worried I was already being too rough and that I might break my new expensive mirrors!

Cheers:p
Also note the mirrors have two bolts (one in the back and the other on the handlebar) which I loosened to them adjustments during initial install. Now that I have them installed in the postiion I like, I only make adjustments with my hand to the actual mirror section. It's probably best not to spin the entire unit on the handlebar once you have them installed.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice Christian.

All good guys... they were extremely tight but by moving them round, up-down etc they have freed up quite a bit now.

Hmmm... I wasn't drunk so I must have been tired - or something! :think:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts