Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I’m trying my best to fit the front OZ Piega rim that I had on my old SC1000 but this time with new snowflake rotors and 65mm 4 pad Brembo calipers. Problem is whenever I try installing the wheel with the spacers it doesn’t line up right. I’m able to fit one side caliper but not the other or one side rotor is too close to the fork.

Oh, and I do have the black Corse dynamics front fit kit installed sandwiched between the rim and the rotors.

https://motowheels.com/i-7774568-corse-dynamics-front-wheel-fit-kit-for-sport-classic-gt-will-allow-certain-ducati-wheels-to-fit.html

Here’s what I have:

Please help :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
846 Posts
I’m guessing you’ve changed calipers. You’ll need to mill the mounting faces of the new cslipers
It sounds like you are trying to position the wheels based on the calipers but you should just center them within the forks then both calipers will need to be milled the same amount
Looks like the motowheels kit spaces the rotors out. Have you tried without rotor spacers?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m guessing you’ve changed calipers. You’ll need to mill the mounting faces of the new cslipers
It sounds like you are trying to position the wheels based on the calipers but you should just center them within the forks then both calipers will need to be milled the same amount
Looks like the motowheels kit spaces the rotors out. Have you tried without rotor spacers?

I actually removed the black rotor spacers and for a second there it seemed like everything lined up but as a test I removed the brake pads from the new calipers and it looks like one of the rotors is rubbing against one of the caliper sides. It seems like I need a 1mm spacer if there’s such a thing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts