Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an insurance assessor coming to see my ST4s in the next couple of days, I'm hoping he doesn't write the bike off, most of the damage is to panel work, but I know its expensive to replace.

So, please bear in mind I'm in the Uk. How much to fix:

Front nose
Screen
LH Mirror
LH indicator
LH top fairing
RH bottom fairing
Fuel tank
Rear LH indicator

To add to this the bike won't start, suspect duff ECU or Engine sensor, as yet untraced.

pre-accident condition was very good, it was resprayed last year and had a complete engine strip and rebuild by Ducati John.

Ta Chaps

Tim

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Tim , I sold a 2002 ST4s in 2010 for £ 2500 which was in excellent condition but had high miles at 48,000 so I am guessing you will be disappointed unless you can do 1 of 2 things. Either agree to the damage being repaired rather than replaced with new or allow him to write it off and then buy it back to repair the damage yourself.
Hope you are OK ?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Hi all,
How much to fix:

Front nose
Screen
LH Mirror
LH indicator
LH top fairing
RH bottom fairing
Fuel tank
Rear LH indicator

Ta Chaps

Tim
I made a post on your 'I've had an off' thread about chasing up a really cheap nosecone for you. You didn't respond so I didn't bother chasing it up.

Puffin64 also posted ebay leads for cheap panels on the same thread for you, and you didn't respond to that either.........

Good luck, and I agree with Gearbox about buying the bike back if it gets written off. That could be a very cost effective way out of the situation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to put your nose out of joing Mark.

I don't get the chance to look in as often as I's like, and it was amiss of me not to thank those that posted links.

I was told by the insurers to stop fixing the bike, as it needed to be assessed, I hadn't planned any kind of claim, but in fact thangs changed and the 3rd party accepted full liability so the claim went through.

As a result, my ST4s has been written off. Assessor came back with a quote of £4.4K to fix her. I've agreed to buy the salvage, and have started buying bits to fix her.

Thanks to anyone and everyone who offered advise and help.

Tim

I made a post on your 'I've had an off' thread about chasing up a really cheap nosecone for you. You didn't respond so I didn't bother chasing it up.

Puffin64 also posted ebay leads for cheap panels on the same thread for you, and you didn't respond to that either.........

Good luck, and I agree with Gearbox about buying the bike back if it gets written off. That could be a very cost effective way out of the situation.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
That's good news Tim, I hope you got the salvage for a keen price.

Should I see if the nosecone is available ? It's a bit scuffed up and is in Blue.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark,

Thanks for the reply, I may be onto a nose code, but would certainly be interested to know if your friends one is available and if so, how much.

Salvage wasn't too bad, around £300.

Thanks

Tim

That's good news Tim, I hope you got the salvage for a keen price.

Should I see if the nosecone is available ? It's a bit scuffed up and is in Blue.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Mark,

Thanks for the reply, I may be onto a nose code, but would certainly be interested to know if your friends one is available and if so, how much.

Thanks

Tim
Wow , you should be able to throw some bling (Oops , I mean sensible improvements !) at it for that price :) :) !

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Mark,

Thanks for the reply, I may be onto a nose cone, but would certainly be interested to know if your friends one is available and if so, how much.

Thanks

Tim
Wow £300 !! That's excellent news Tim. I guess that's also on top of a reasonable payout.

I'll check about the nosecone.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mark,

Thanks

Tim
Cough! how much, mind you is was yellow so I'm not surprised!
With the money you've been offered you could afford a dream machine paint job once you find the panels, as any panels will do if your're going to paint it.
Mind you I only paid 500 for mine, but it was my money I put into doing it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts