·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
pinkrider303 said:
I found out the hard way!!!!
Pink - I don't want to know what the problems were - but - if you are wanting MV stuff then contact Phil or Steve at:

www.italiamotoltd.co.uk

Tel: 0044 1522 511 851

Based in Lincoln UK they service my Ducati (bought from them even though I live in Switzerland. The most straightforward and honest and knowledgeable blokes I know re Italian bikes - been around 30yrs. Has had MV Augusta under his roof for most of that time.

Tell'em Yellow St4s in Switzerland recommended you :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
E-Moto

Well since they are supporting vendors here on .MS I have held my tongue but I really cant stand to see people get burned. I bought a pair of CF mirror frames and the fit was/is still terrible, and there was a scratch on the right frame corner in the carbon fiber. Well after sending the left one back they just reshaped it and really didnt fix it. I would have like them to have sent a new one. You can see the left one is ill fitting and the right is a pretty good fit. Also the left frame after being fixed now shows a little more of the two gaskets than the right. I am waiting to get my OEM left frame repaired and repainted and then these things are going on eBay. Oh and they made me pay for return shipping which I thought was poor customer service on their part.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
northworthy said:
Pink - I don't want to know what the problems were - but - if you are wanting MV stuff then contact Phil or Steve at:

www.italiamotoltd.co.uk

Based in Lincoln UK they service my Ducati (bought from them even though I live in Switzerland. The most straightforward and honest and knowledgeable blokes I know re Italian bikes - been around 30yrs. Has had MV Augusta under his roof for most of that time.

I deal with Steve all the time, very helpful and friendly people. ould recommend :yeah:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
northworthy said:

www.italiamotoltd.co.uk

+1, another vote for ItaliaMoto - you can't go wrong with them; knowledgable & great customer service. As my 'local' dealer I often ride over there just for a coffee and chat, and then they offer me test rides.

Highly recommended. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dark_Daddy said:
Well since they are supporting vendors here on .MS I have held my tongue but I really cant stand to see people get burned.

Well after sending the left one back they just reshaped it and really didnt fix it. I would have like them to have sent a new one.

Oh and they made me pay for return shipping which I thought was poor customer service on their part.

Chris
This is what I feared, so I just am living with mine.
I got the CF lowers for my 1098. Lots of fiber pulls, like a 8 year old layed it.
I just thought thy sent there 2nds to the USA.
I felt safe ordering from them as they support this and a 1098 board I frequent.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
stimacsays said:
This is what I feared, so I just am living with mine.
I got the CF lowers for my 1098. Lots of fiber pulls, like a 8 year old layed it.
I just thought thy sent there 2nds to the USA.
I felt safe ordering from them as they support this and a 1098 board I frequent.
How about pinholes? I held my mirror frames up to the sky and they looked like the Milky Way. Fortunately that is only visible from the underside. I also noticed that on the inner edges where the blinker lenses sit appears to have just been painted it black around the edges to conceal the cuts. The lenses also fit like crap and not completely flush. I doubt they send their seconds here.They know that lots of Ducs live "across the pond" and therefore is a big cash cow for their business. They just must have zero QC. This was my last and only order from E-Moto.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dark_Daddy said:
How about pinholes? I held my mirror frames up to the sky and they looked like the Milky Way. Fortunately that is only visible from the underside. I also noticed that on the inner edges where the blinker lenses sit appears to have just been painted it black around the edges to conceal the cuts. The lenses also fit like crap and not completely flush. I doubt they send their seconds here.They know that lots of Ducs live "across the pond" and therefore is a big cash cow for their business. They just must have zero QC. This was my last and only order from E-Moto.
Yes, pinholes. :(

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
E-Moto again

I saw an E-Moto cf fender with mesh inserts for a 749 recently and there were huge chunks of clear coat missing near the mounting points and the black rivets holding the mesh in were missing paint. This was a new unmounted fender too. It also had their trademark pinholes when held up to the light. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts