Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent most of Sunday morning polishing and waxing.
Not the nicest bike on here, but at least its clean now.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Lookin good man. Is your clutch cover on properly? It looks like it should be rotated around. But if that is what you wanted, nevermind ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Looks awsome...

Beautiful bike...I like the 999 and I don't know why other people don't...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lookin good man. Is your clutch cover on properly? It looks like it should be rotated around. But if that is what you wanted, nevermind ;)
Yes it's supposed to be that way. I just took my stock one and cut it on the band saw to extract the heat. From my experience the stock cover doesnt really offer any protection anyway, and just crushes... thereby damaging the clutch. So I run it this way.....works for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks Great! It can easily take a full day to get em TRULY clean!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Very nice ! BTW, I noticed your not running the rear pegs. If your not riding two up at all, or rarely I might suggest the DP rear cover. Snaps in, in place of the seat. Changes the look of a BIP quite a bit. Here is a pic of my old 999BIP

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Yes it's supposed to be that way. I just took my stock one and cut it on the band saw to extract the heat. From my experience the stock cover doesnt really offer any protection anyway, and just crushes... thereby damaging the clutch. So I run it this way.....works for me.
I see, cool beans. :D

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Very nice ! BTW, I noticed your not running the rear pegs. If your not riding two up at all, or rarely I might suggest the DP rear cover. Snaps in, in place of the seat. Changes the look of a BIP quite a bit. Here is a pic of my old 999BIP
anyone know if they make that cover in a dark?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
hmm...sweet! now to find one is probably like finding a 4 leaf clover!
Call Eximport Cycles in Houston, ask for parts. They have one, 99% sure. #713-995-7494

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
that part is a must for 999 bip's...and until this day, i didn't know they offered such.

looks good

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have one ordered from overseas. I was going to post pics of it as soon as it arrives... which should be this week.
The one I got is a custom piece... I haven't seen any here in NA.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
wow, that is very nice, never seen one like that before. The DP part seems a bit taller, and has more of a louvred style.....but also like the smooth lines of the one you posted. Here is a pic of the DP one from another angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
everyone rags on the 999/749 look. I was watching the Ducati edition on HD discovery the other night and they said that the 999/749 was a absolute horror in styling and sales. I like it, certainly not as much as the new 1098 or late 996/916's but still it's appealing. They wanted to take the bike into the future but I think they shot over about 100 years. Put some black wheels on it and it'll look dangerous. Nice bike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow, that is very nice, never seen one like that before. The DP part seems a bit taller, and has more of a louvred style.....but also like the smooth lines of the one you posted. Here is a pic of the DP one from another angle.
Yeah I had a hard time deciding between the DP part and the one I got. In the end I decided the louvred look wasn't for me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts