Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I rode my bike across town to get some stuff done. I was nearly done with my task, and my stomach was feeling really shitty (Literally), and had to go sit on the pot twice, so I decided I better get the hell home quick before I actually get sick. So then I had to ride my wonderful SF with taught suspension across the damn pot-holed city streets in 95 F (temp read in the shade) baking sun. I felt like I was going to puke in my helmet, and I felt every bump on the way home (and it normally doesn't bother me). By the time I got home, 20 minutes later, my bike was still at only 5 bars on the heat guage, but it felt like it was a convection oven roasting me alive, with an extra hot warming plate under my ass, stewing my insides for good measure. I took off my thankfully non-puke filled helmet, and discovered that my entire head was drenched with sweat, then my liberally perforated white leather jacket, and it was just as wet. Thank God there wasn't a traffic jam as well, or I might not have made it home.

This is basically the one time in the last 2 1/2 years of owning my SF, that I have hated riding it. I should have driven the cage instead...Ugggh

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Feel Better !!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turns out Denver had a record high temp of 105 F today (At the airport--which I was nowhere near...it was 107 F Downtown Denver) Uggh

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
All this thread needs is some whining about fueling and gearing problems and they would all be the same. :D

I wonder if you could successfully clean vomit out of your helmet without leaving a smell. I think I would just pitch it. Yuk!

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
Riding when ill is no fun, so props for getting home without puking. I've ridden in stifling South Georgia heat many years and thankfully never when ill. Yep, sweated myself silly, but always mindful to be topped off with water in the body. It's "easier" when you're conditioned for it and not thrown into the fires of hell from mild weather.

·
Registered
51 Posts
riding when over 90 = no fun. riding when sick = no fun... riding when over 100 + sick = "your going to have a bad time"

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wonway,
It is possible to get puke from inside a helmet - as long as the pads come out and you don't mind lysol, febreeze, and laundry detergent smell for a while.

I know IL has a "No Helmet" law - but my job requires I wear one. Stuck in traffic, downtown Chicago, middle of August. I could not get my gloves off in time to get my helmet off.

I got rid of the helmet prior to the next riding season.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Wonway,
It is possible to get puke from inside a helmet - as long as the pads come out and you don't mind lysol, febreeze, and laundry detergent smell for a while.
:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have to agree - had to look twice though as that looked like my helmet. LOL

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Now THAT's awesome. Thanks for the laugh! Where is that picture of the day thread now.....
That was a day my wife and I would both like to forget. At least I had my rain suit on when she spewed :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts