Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put a few miles in this week and decided the scorpion trail tyres were looking a little shabby. Went for a Bridgestone 23 on the back end and first impressions are very good! I would recommend any all weather riders looking for durability with a good bit of grip thrown in to take a look at them!

Must say tho the scorpions were good as slicks for a while lol!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
That tire looks like it went through Nebraska. Do you not have any turns?

(Note: It's hard to find turns in Central Illinois, so it's not like I can say much.)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought the bike with these on, it wasn't till I wore nearly through i realised how badly flattened they were! I saw a picture of a new scorpion online and nearly shit my pants when i saw the tread was supposed to go right the way across lol!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I also replaced with the Bridgestone..23's

I only got 4k out of the Scorp rear and then had a puncture so I tried the Bridgestones and so far I love them. I have not had any wet conditions yet but they are very solid feeling and in the twisties they seem to grip as god as the Pirellis.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well you may have read I upgraded my suspension front and rear and posted that the bike handles like on rails and has been turned into a comfortable superbike. Well all this has come at a cost.
I put a new set of Conti Sport Attacks on and the rear is toast right across the tread at 1850 km = 1149.536 mi. Fantasti tyres hold in there at extream lean can't fault them.
Is there a tyre out there that is capable of the same grip but a bit more life expectancy :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Post Scorpions I went with Avon Storms. Great mix of longevity, lot of wet weather, and sport-worthy.
A great tire IMHO.

If Motorcycle Is On Trailer
It Is Being Stolen

·
Registered
532 Posts
OP what Bridgestones are you referring to? I look up Bridgestone 23's and its not very helpful, link. :confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just put on a set of pilot sport 3's and OMG light and day between the scorpions. I am certainly note worried about rain or handling as turn in and line hold are amazing. I really cant believe what a difference tires can make. THat said - i hope i stay on the tarmac since the offroad abilities are limited. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had the Metzler Z8's on my 1100 and will get them on my 1200 when the OEM's are shot. The Z8's were brilliant on dry and wet roads and wore well. I hope they cope with the extra poke from the 1200.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I went with the Pirelli Rosso IIs.

So far very impressed. Can't speak to expected mileage, but between the way I ride and the torque of the MTS, I don't expect much more than 3k if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am still running scorpions. Got 10500 kms out of front tyre. Plenty of tread left in the middle but none on the sides! A first for me! Rear scorpions last between 3000-6000 kms depending on my riding style.

A fellow mts rider is running PR3s which he is very happy with. I considered but I do about 1500-3000kms of dirt on each set, and on his advice decided to stick to Pirelli.

If was going to change would give Dunlop sportsmarts a go (run them on another bike).

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am still running scorpions. Got 10500 kms out of front tyre. Plenty of tread left in the middle but none on the sides! A first for me! Rear scorpions last between 3000-6000 kms depending on my riding style.

A fellow mts rider is running PR3s which he is very happy with. I considered but I do about 1500-3000kms of dirt on each set, and on his advice decided to stick to Pirelli.

If was going to change would give Dunlop sportsmarts a go (run them on another bike).
<3 the BT-023s!

.: Bridgestone BT-023 | Review | Canyon Chasers Motorcycle Sport Touring :.

dp

·
Registered
496 Posts
Great article on the BT-023

I pondered for weeks on what to get. Chose these and after 1000 miles love them. Everything the article says. Two up is very smooth and they grip like a sport tire in the twisties. If I get 7000 miles out of them I'll head right back there again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts