Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new on here and new to ducati can you please tell me witch tyres would be better suited on a 749s to do 4 days track time at almeria
out of these Metzeler Racetec or Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa
thanks
phil

·
Registered
331 Posts
Actually, they are, the exact same tire, made by the same company, same compound and rubber, but with different lettering and groove designs. If you can get a better deal on a set, get that one. Otherwise, it's the same tire.
I beg to differ about them being the same tire. True they are made by the same parent company, but my first hand experience with both have seen differences between the two. Sidewall stiffness is one of the major differences. Also the Metzler tends to be the previous generation of the Pirelli. With subtle changes. Don't get me wrong, I like the Racetec's that I ran. But, from a race tire distributor, the Pirelli's are cheaper and have more development done to them.

Which ever one you go with, you should be happy. But I would say go the Pirelli route.

·
Registered
57 Posts
4 days on the same tires?? I would just get two sets of Power Races for about the same price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
hi new on here and new to ducati can you please tell me witch tyres would be better suited on a 749s to do 4 days track time at almeria
out of these Metzeler Racetec or Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa
thanks
phil
Hi Phil,
I just put Pirelli Supercorsa pro's on my bike (med rear, soft front) for the street (I only ride canyons...ACH, etc) and absolutely LOVE them. I had the new Dunlop dot race tires prior and my personal preference is for the Pirelli's. The Dunlops lack feel for me, and always feel a bit "flat". It has been a while since my last track day, and I ran Pirelli Dragon's on my track days here in sunny hot So California. They worked great, got a bit greasy when things really heated up but not too much, so I expect the Diablo's to be simply amazing, but perhaps not lasting the same distance as the Dragon's.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth. I think all new tire technology is incredible. I have never ridden on Michelins, but have many friends who love them.
Ciao,
Noelle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts