Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a question I've been meaning to post for a long time: does your SC front tyre roar when leant over? I've been riding for 40 years and my GT1000 is the only bike I've owned that gives off a roaring sound from the front tyre while cornering. Obviously I don't hear this at speed, it's in the 45 - 55 MPH range as the bike heels over into a corner and the road surface has to be coarse Tarmac, not the lovely smooth variety.

·
Official Retired Person
7,545 Posts
I've heard tire noise from various bikes. My '95 BMW R1100RS makes lots of tire noise. Some sound like bad front wheel bearings especially when the front tire is nearly worn out.

My GT however, doesn't seem to be making any extra noises. Maybe you need to check wheel and steering head bearings. How many miles on yours?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hardly any miles - 3500 - and it has made this noise from new. It's similar to the noise that a car makes while reversing on full lock over rough Tarmac. I'll be interested to see if it makes it after I change to fresh rubber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts