Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C an anybody help.i have a 916 sp,but hired supermotard yesterday for the girlfriend and me.The sop said around 2.1 bar in each. that cant be correct sureley,or is it?

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I run 34 psi front, 36 psi rear...

This would convert to 2.4 bar front, 2.5 bar rear. (Maybe even 2.7 rear with a passenger) :cool:

So 2.1 sounds too low to me...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I run 34 psi front, 36 psi rear...

This would convert to 2.4 bar front, 2.5 bar rear. (Maybe even 2.7 rear with a passenger) :cool:

So 2.1 sounds too low to me...
I'm a little surprised Scott. I know you, we met, although it was a while ago and I'm sure you don't remember, but I know your credentials. I guess I thought you would be running a bit lower pressures. Maybe not much lower, but lower just the same. Those sound almost "oak-like" for performance riding.

Dave

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I am on Corsa III's
Front: 32-33
Rear: 30-31

This is cold pressure.
When warm, I am looking to get about 35-36 in each.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Front: 32-33
Rear: 30-31
this is cold pressure.

When warm, I am looking to get about 35-36 in each.
Old school wisdom is to look for a 7 to 10% gain in pressure from cold to hot. This rule is purportedly best for traction and tire life. However, I always wish my tires would last longer and stick better. Don't we all?

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I'm a little surprised Scott. I know you, we met, although it was a while ago and I'm sure you don't remember, but I know your credentials. I guess I thought you would be running a bit lower pressures. Maybe not much lower, but lower just the same. Those sound almost "oak-like" for performance riding.

Dave
Hey, Dave, I recognize the name, and I'd probably know you if I saw you... :cool:

Yeah, I played around with my tire pressures on the Hyper (Corsa III's), and on the street, the 34-36 works best for me. On the track, I'll run 32-32, but it feels squrimy if I run that low on the street.

If my tires were as low as 29 psi, as soon as I rolled out of the driveway I'd be wondering what was wrong with my bike!

Everyone's mileage will vary, as always, and if you're comfortable at lower pressures, more power to you. I just think the 30 psi the the original poster was told is too low, especially with a passenger onboard (like he mentioned above).

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
No, it's cool. I just know what racing does to your "street" perspective. From technique and speed right down to tire pressures and maintenance.

You pretty much explained my question with
I played around with my tire pressures on the Hyper
as too many folks just take whatever the dealer tells them and runs with it.

FYI, I'm friends with Cliff at Cochise. We met when you and Chuck gave him the RZ500, a very long time ago.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts