Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have found the Australia Post web has a schedule of postage costs. Does anyone know the weight of a front and rear tyre of our bikes...just the rubber tyre no tube or rim

Has anyone ( hey stressfest are you there) any idea on cost to post 2 x tyre from Brisbane to Darwin?

Cheers

Roger

·
Registered
737 Posts
Ummm...no idea what they weigh mate, but... If you send/wrap each individually, to keep the weight down, it generally works out cheaper :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
The way i've seen these packed is usually with a square of cardboard on each side of the tyre and the covered in bubble wrap. So in theory, it makes em kinda square'ish :)

If you've got a spare set of bathroom scales floating around...use them. Easiest way is to weigh yourself, then yourself with tyres, then deduct your initial weight.

Compare what it'll cost for one package vs two.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I came across this. Not sure if it helps:

http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/aus_parcel.asp
Yep...sure will....I just need to find out what they weigh!!!

Jace....I have no bathroom scales....when I was getting my suspension done the guy asked me what I weigh......I had to slip up to my local chemist and ask if I could weigh myself....be buggered if i am going to do the same stunt holding a couple of grubby tyres...:D

I am going to do more google....I would have thought the weight of a tyre would be one of the performance stats that the manufacturer would want to boast about!

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tyre weights and postage cost

Hi Guys,

FYI

Front 5.1KG
Rear 7.2 KG

Included in the weight was the wrapping.

Postage Brisbane to Melbourne front $16 rear $18.

Cheers

Roger

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
about right - i got a set of pirelli diablo corsa's for $16 shipping from MCA - yep in a custum formed carboard box/square thingy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts