Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to put on a new tire and was wondering what type to go for. i would like a tyre that will wear well in the middle and grip well on the sides. do you get such a tyre. I don't ride that hard and the tyre is done at 2300 miles so i would like one that would last longer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Darsey,
Michelin PilotPower is my choice: warms up quickly and handles extremely well on wet roads (might be not bad in your climate).
BT-016 is fine as well but has not the grip on cold tarmac.

On PP and BT-016 you will make some more miles, do not expect wonders.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Pilot road 2c, sport tourer, firm middle, soft sides and plenty of weather grooves on the side for wet traction. Very good tyre and able to take the 1100 pulses and last.

·
Registered
592 Posts
i run the bt-016's. nice trye. front has very soft sidewalls tho and needs to run a bit harder on the track (34 hot) to stop tucking.

however, after my recent go on dunlop sportmax slicks I'm going to try a set of DOT sportmax tyres next time. much stiffer and better profile for the hyper

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I run the new Bridgestone BT 003 because I do track days, for all around performance & mileage, I would get the P Syncs. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have syncs on at present and am gonna step away from them, got 6008 km out of the rear and 6500 km out of the front, they get too hot at the track and slide around.

Doon is running Pilot Power Front and Pilot road 2c rear and that seems to be great combo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts