Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my licence plate light does not come on, I tried with ignition on, brights, engine running... Am I missing something?

So I checked the 1098 - it doesn't work either :confused::confused::confused: WTF?

Also, don't you guys think the speedometer error is a little excessive? I mean its about 12 or 13% high.
On the highway I'm rolling along with traffic at 75mph and my speedo is reading 90mph!
Anybody else notice this?
I'd sure like to fix that.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
is it that far off? I didn't realize.. but it would make sense, why just the other day I thought I was going about 90,, looked down and the speedo read 117.. now what was that all about?

·
Registered
10 Posts
8% Deliberate Increase

Page 19 of my Streetfighter manual states "Speed indication is obtained from actual speed information from the ECU increased by 8%"

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Ha ha flyn didn't read his manual. Well I only did cuz I needed something to read while on the throne. Yeah, speedo error is on purpose 8%!!!! Not gonna find the page to quote but it basically the ecm gets the accurate speed then sends a value increased by 8% to the speedo.

I think ducati is just trying to save us excessive speeding fines. Yeah right.

So you are riding with your buddy at the same pace but you can tell him you were going faster than him. "Yeah man, we got up to a hundren 'n fifty." And we get to say "well you were, but I was doing 162. My bike is actually faster at the same speed"

·
Bon Vivant
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like the bulbs in both bikes are spent... The SF is 4 weeks old - hmph! :mad:

Of course I went to remove the little plastic lens and the tab crumbled like it was 50 years old...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts