Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my situation. I have a 1999 900SS. I just picked up a 2000 900SS. Both are in very good condition but I am going to mix and match to make the bike I want. I will include pictures and all that good stuff but here is what I have to work with. I'll make a nice list for you all:

1999 900SS - 11,500 miles. New chain, new Michelin Power Pilots, 10 K service just completed, double bubble windscreen, Remus High Mount Aluminum cans (slight damage to one), steering dampener, brand new Ferrari red paint with no decals, fender eliminator., air box mod, kick stand bypass, factory gold frame and wheels.

2000 900SS - 21,000 miles. Bored out 40CC to a 944CC. Michelin Pilots, Moto GP shift, aftermarket slave clutch cylinder, carbon front fender, carbon intake, carbon rear hugger, Remus High Mount Carbon, stage 2 chip, Sargent seat, solo tail (if I choose to use), DID gold chain,air box mod, stand bypass, 21 K service just completed.

The 2000 I literally just picked up last night. Also came with all stock parts: cans, fender, seat, rear pegs etc. Front and back pit stands and a Ducati cover. This is what I am thinking is going to happen. Please let me know if you think it's good, bad, smart, dumb whatever! All comments are welcome. Essentially what will end up happening is, one will get all the goodies and the other will sadly end up pretty stock.

Here is my thought:

Use the 2000, put my 99 skins on it including the tank because the paint looks so much better when next to each other. All the carbon parts (fender, hugger, intake, exhaust), steering dampener, double bubble, fender eliminator from the 99, Sargent seat. How's that sound? Do I need to know anything from the 99-00 switch? Are parts compatable, did they change anything drastically, can this be done? I know it's Saturday and you should be out riding but it you can lend a voice I'd love to hear it. Thanks all.

Wrex

Just click through my pictures. I didn't want to post individual of all of them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
You did not say if you cannot (in the end) afford to keep both. If you can, build one exactly the way you want (everything is the same between them). Then keep:

- the rotors (high dollar consumable items)
- bodywork/tank (really high dollar items - you never know)
- wheels with tires (if they're good) (no down time when tire changes come up)

and sell the rest off for your tire/maint fund.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can afford both but I really have no need to. I would rather make the other into a very useable second bike that somebody else can enjoy. Both tires are 90% tread.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
OK then, build the second one as a track bike for YOU.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
+1 on track bike for the second bike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it is those carbon runners. I didn't know they made them at first but apparently they do. They seem to work better than the stock ones for bike cooling. Direct more air onto the engine and less air onto your legs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts