Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I slapped in a set of the PIIA H11's when I got the bike to make these little headlights brighter. But I notice that the high beam lens as a film-like look to it and it is on the inside. It's almost like it is foggy(but it is not moisture) or how your inside of your windshield on your car gets after awhile, except that here it is not easy to get to to wipe off. I will take a pic and post it up, but what I need to do is get at the inside and simply wipe it off with some Plexus or something.

How the hell does one do this without tearing the front end apart? The bike is a brand new 2010 Hayden 848.

2) The mini running lights, it is an H16W here in the states, and an H6W across the pond. Has anyone found a source for either colored bulbs or LED that drop right in? I know that if I go LED that I have to reverse the polarity on the right side, but I cannot for the life of me find any bulbs to put in. I am looking for red or blue, but other colors might work as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the same dirty/foggy headlight issue on my 996 and would like to know if anyone has any ideas short of taking the housing apart.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alas, I now have bigger fish to fry, as I had a large dog run into my front wheel last night and the new Hayden 848 went down. :-(

·
Registered
590 Posts
1) I slapped in a set of the PIIA H11's when I got the bike to make these little headlights brighter. But I notice that the high beam lens as a film-like look to it and it is on the inside. It's almost like it is foggy(but it is not moisture) or how your inside of your windshield on your car gets after awhile, except that here it is not easy to get to to wipe off. I will take a pic and post it up, but what I need to do is get at the inside and simply wipe it off with some Plexus or something.

How the hell does one do this without tearing the front end apart? The bike is a brand new 2010 Hayden 848.

2) The mini running lights, it is an H16W here in the states, and an H6W across the pond. Has anyone found a source for either colored bulbs or LED that drop right in? I know that if I go LED that I have to reverse the polarity on the right side, but I cannot for the life of me find any bulbs to put in. I am looking for red or blue, but other colors might work as well.
Just for confirmation, both the low & high beam are H11's......correct? I'm looking at some DDM HID's, so I wanted to confirm. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts