Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
front wheel alone is going to cost about $4500 dollars (U.S.) might as well consider carbon front for at least half that. Any idea on the story on either of those?

·
Super Moderator
8,220 Posts
As long as the frame and swingarm are OK, it´s intresting.. You can use a stock or aftermarket 999 wheels on the D16RR, just need some 2$ spacers. Bodywork is availble as glas/aviofiber for not that much.

Big issue is the forks.. Those aren´t real inexpensive to buy, so I´d look hard at them.
All the other stuff can swapped from the current 848/1098 since they share alot of stuff like brakecomponents, dash and so on.

Research prices on the bodywork first, that might just be the most expensive stuff if the forks are OK.

//amullo

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The front fork on that first one is definately toast (front rim ripped to shreds). Looks like they both lowsided into a pavement. They both can be fixed, especially if you go for BST wheels instead of the OEM rip offs as others already suggested, but it is not going to be cheap to replace all the plastics, controls, repainting of engine casings etc.)

Walk away unless you are looking for a track toy only and you are willing to live with a scratched up Desmo.

SF

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
MR. Twill
325 Posts
must be nice to take these to the track and total then then claim it as a write off, must be great for others premiums LOL

i see the rear brake master is RIGHT next to the exhaust pipe, why? must cook that thing in 5 min

also, front headers have no shield from the rad, why? the header must cook rad when they could have made a simple guard i would think

nice finds though i woud take the engine and exhaust

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
f**k they look hot naked

it's a shame they don't post a reserve price, but i would definitely go to the auction just incase, it would be devastating to find out later they went for 10k, pretty unlikely but you never know.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
"Pickles" is a cute name for Paris Hilton's dog, but I'd never buy a bike from an outfit called "pickles".
call me old fashioned.

·
Registered
50 Posts
they probably want ridiculous money for it. I know it's an expensive bike but it's thrashed. Anymore than 15k I don't see the significance in buying one. I'd put it back together the best I could with the recommendations people have posted already. 999, 1098, 848 parts. That brute force of that engine is awsome and the sound it makes. I'd pay 15k just to start it up in my garage every weekend and wake the neighbors. shame

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
must be nice to take these to the track and total then then claim it as a write off, must be great for others premiums LOL
Is in Australia and insurance here doesn't cover riding on the track.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong but if the're selling it, it for a reason . If they could fix it up and sell it why wouldnt they. I would be tempted, what do you think its worth.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong but if the're selling it, it for a reason . If they could fix it up and sell it why wouldnt they. I would be tempted, what do you think its worth.
The reason may be because they have not covered bank credit for these bikes, so in this unsafe economical it is better just to sell it to a insurance company rather than bringing it back together and try to sell for 25000usd only because it has salvage title.

·
Registered
126 Posts
im going to bid on it. My father owns a engineering workshop & can pretty much make parts for anything. Will be worth it if I can go the right price.

·
Registered
176 Posts
im going to bid on it. My father owns a engineering workshop & can pretty much make parts for anything. Will be worth it if I can go the right price.
but it comes without a title as far as I understand.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I am not trying to rain on your enthusiasm, but know what you are letting yourself in for. A set of OEM rims for these bikes will not see a lot of change out of US17000 (that is correct, seventeen thousand) You can do the BST conversion and then be able to use normal tyres on the bike instead of the OEM tyre - that will see you come in just under a third of the OEM rim price.

A valve service on this bike is an engine out of frame afair - you are talking serious money there. Part of the deal when buying the bike was free servicing, not sure if Ducati Australia will honour that agreement with a wrecked bike.

But if you decide to bid, not many people are going to put money in on a bike that costs a small fortune to repair never mind run - Put in a silly bid like Aus 5 thousand or so and see what happens. I reckon you will get it at that price.

Now that will be an awesome trackbike project....

SF

1 - 20 of 33 Posts