Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, is it possible to convert the single headlight - square (92 750 ss full fairing) to a twin headlight (round)version i seen on a 900 ss(not sure of year), if so what would be required, thx phil

·
Registered
381 Posts
hi all, is it possible to convert the single headlight - square (92 750 ss full fairing) to a twin headlight (round)version i seen on a 900 ss(not sure of year), if so what would be required, thx phil
Yes, if you can find someone selling an old kit, as I don't believe they are being made anymore. I think the company's name was Powerbronze?

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
Yes, if you can find someone selling an old kit, as I don't believe they are being made anymore. I think the company's name was Powerbronze?
+1
Good luck finding one. they do pop up here and there on fleabay. saw one sell last year for about $350 USD

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
I'd like one too. I have contacted Powerbronze to see if they can make me one but all they did was put me on their email list! No reply regarding the fairing...
They did the same to me. no answer......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mmmmmmm, ive contacted them also, so i guess i wont be hearing from them, maybe the demand will get them off there arse and make some more,ha ha ha

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
GFK MITTELTEIL FÜR DUCATI STRADA
400 - 900 SS / SL 91-97
WIE BILD
FÜR 100mm DOPPELSCHEINWERFER
SCHEINWERFER SIND NICHT IM PREIS DABEI,
HABEN WIR NATÜRLICH
FÜR 85,00€ DEN SATZ
ALLE TEILE KOMMEN IN WEIß, UNLACKIERT
MIT MATERIALGUTACHTEN UND RECHNUNG
NATÜRLICH VORKASSE

epoxy center fairing for ducati strada
400 - 900 SS / SL 91-97
as pictured
for 100mm dual headlights
headlights not included in sale,
we stock them of course
for Euro 85 the set
all parts sold in white, unpainted
with statement of materials used and invoice
pre payment needed of course

:)

there is a supersport 900 with dual headlights
for sale at ebay.uk at the moment, it is nice.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
dual headlight

try googling ital-shop neus...I have it on my favorites at home so I could e you the link later today after work..They have a LOT of Carbon and accessories for the older SS Ducatis...check out the pics of my 900SS under my screen name..
Mike S

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
GFK MITTELTEIL FÜR DUCATI STRADA
400 - 900 SS / SL 91-97
WIE BILD
FÜR 100mm DOPPELSCHEINWERFER
SCHEINWERFER SIND NICHT IM PREIS DABEI,
HABEN WIR NATÜRLICH
FÜR 85,00€ DEN SATZ
ALLE TEILE KOMMEN IN WEIß, UNLACKIERT
MIT MATERIALGUTACHTEN UND RECHNUNG
NATÜRLICH VORKASSE

epoxy center fairing for ducati strada
400 - 900 SS / SL 91-97
as pictured
for 100mm dual headlights
headlights not included in sale,
we stock them of course
for Euro 85 the set
all parts sold in white, unpainted
with statement of materials used and invoice
pre payment needed of course

there is a supersport 900 with dual headlights
for sale at ebay.uk at the moment, it is nice.

Actually, GFK = Glasfaserverstärkter Kunststoff = Fiberglass reinforced plastic.

Tom

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
as cheap fairings are either made of abs plastic or fibreglass,
i felt free to inform you that ricambi-weiss uses epoxy resin
for their GFK fairings.

·
Registered
421 Posts
as cheap fairings are either made of abs plastic or fibreglass,
i felt free to inform you that ricambi-weiss uses epoxy resin
for their GFK fairings.
Just to add to the confusion.

'Fibreglass' is used as a generic term that is used to describe any resin reinforced fibre. The resin can be either polyester or epoxy based. To be pedantic 'fibreglass' just refers to the fibre weave or matting that is used with the resin.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Powerbronze, and no, mine is not for sale :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Powerbronze, and no, mine is not for sale :p

HI ROBNOBRAKES, THX FOR RUBBIN IT IN, HAVE U HAD ANY ISSUES WITH THE EXTRA POWER LOAD(ADDITIONAL HEADLAMP LOAD), EG R/R STUFFING ETC,IS THE FRAME BEHIND PANEL TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM SQUARE HEADLIGHT VERSION, THX PHIL

·
Registered
31 Posts
HI ROBNOBRAKES, THX FOR RUBBIN IT IN, HAVE U HAD ANY ISSUES WITH THE EXTRA POWER LOAD(ADDITIONAL HEADLAMP LOAD), EG R/R STUFFING ETC,IS THE FRAME BEHIND PANEL TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM SQUARE HEADLIGHT VERSION, THX PHIL
Hi Phil

One light is wired dipped beam, the other high beam. No problems.

·
Registered
381 Posts
No offense to anyone that has one of the dual headlight fairings, but I honestly have never liked the look. The rectangular headlight, while arguably not the most attractive decision, still makes the ss look uniquely Ducati.......I don't think the dual set up is any more attractive and actually it screams mid-90s Yamaha FZR to me............I would totally stick with the stock set up.......IMO of course........

·
Registered
421 Posts
No offense to anyone that has one of the dual headlight fairings, but I honestly have never liked the look. The rectangular headlight, while arguably not the most attractive decision, still makes the ss look uniquely Ducati.......I don't think the dual set up is any more attractive and actually it screams mid-90s Yamaha FZR to me............I would totally stick with the stock set up.......IMO of course........
I agree that it defines the bike but the twin headlights do provide a solution to getting more light to see where you are going.

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
When I was looking into getting that set up, it was to change the appearance of my CR to make it different than all of my buddies SP's. If I did not have the SP at the time I do not think that I would have given it a second thought. I have sold the SP since and have settled on the cyclops look.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'd love to have a single round headlight offset to one side, Suzuka-8-Hours style. Saw a picture of an 888 done up that way and it was the sex :)

Never seen a kit for the 900SS though, and the single square look has kinda grown on me too.

Cheers

d.

·
Registered
104 Posts
'nother option: check out Gajus' bike on page 118 of the sticky Supersport Pictures thread, its #1180. About 2/3 the way down, third pic. I personally like the period look of the stock rectangular light (851/888 flavor mmmmm) but the one Gajus uses works pretty damn good for an updated look. Looks like the smaller "projector" lamps - don't know how good they work, or if there are electrical issues, but the look is cool. I agree about the dated Yamaha look - doesn't do it for me. If yer just looking for more light there's a thread about converting to rectangular Euro H4's - I've had these on cars and they put a lot of light right where you want it. TT

1 - 20 of 46 Posts