Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

turn signal switch compatability ??

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Punch 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hard to tell from web info.

The 620 Monster part number is 651.4.011.1A

I could not find a parts list for your model, however the 2004 800SS parts list shows the same part number.

You can also dismantle the assembly to check for corrosion, broken bits etc. and maybe repair it.

Dismantle it in a clear plastic bag though as there will probably be a spring inside that will boing off to who knows where.

Before that, have you looked for corrosion in the connector?

I test resistance/switch/wire etc. functioning using safety pins pushed into the wire side of the connector into the appropriate wires.

#3 ·
That's funny. I found the part number for mine, but not the Monster. They are the same :)
I tested from the plug connection coming right off the switch itself. Got a good circuit 'beep' on left turn, dead silence on right.
I will take mine apart tomorrow morning before work. If for no other reason, than just to see how it works.
Thanks for the plastic bag idea!! I've lost many a spring taking rifle triggers apart and never thought of doing that. BRILLIANT

#4 ·
I have lost springs and tiny ball bearings as well. Non electric bits can be dismantled in a bucket of water or methylated spirits etc.

You can crosscheck that I found the correct Monster p/n by going to page 26 on this link, then go one more page for item 14's part number.

MONSTER 620 i.e..pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.