Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into replacing my stock signals with LEDs which from what I've read will require connectors to fit into the stock Ducati wiring, as well as resistors to maintain the correct blink rate for an LED light.

Is it possible to replace the turn signal relay itself? Would this allow me to connect LEDs without the need of resistors?

·
Super Moderator
5,571 Posts
You can add a resistor to the left and right sides. You can also use a relay for LED turn signals. I don't know if the "LED" relay will fit in the same plug as the OEM relay.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
There's no replacement external turn signal flasher relay. The flash rate for the turn signals is controlled by the can bus system in the dash. As already mentioned external resistors are the only way to slow down led flash rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090rr, 2014 Ducati Streetfighter 848
42 Posts
yes, the resistors are only solution, I'm using on my SF, non problem at all

·
Registered
297 Posts
I installed DP LEDs on my SF848. I put resistors on the rear signals only. It flashes at the normal rate when the engine is running, but flashes at the faster rate without the engine running. I left it like that and have not had any issues.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I installed DP LEDs on my SF848. I put resistors on the rear signals only. It flashes at the normal rate when the engine is running, but flashes at the faster rate without the engine running. I left it like that and have not had any issues.
Weird, maybe a grounding issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts