Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have these on there ride......I'm thinking about purchasing them and having them painted to match the matrix green. Just looking for any opinions out there on the looks of these.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Let me know where you pick yours up... I am thinking of purchasing some.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a set on my 748. I bought it from a Speedzilla member who was looking to sell it. Here's my opinion:

Look and Feel
In my opinion, the mirrors are nicely made. It has some weight to it compared to the stock mirrors (IIRC). If you are looking for a mirror that gives a better view of what's behind, these mirrors are not going to do anything to address that. I do believe there is more mirror surface area than the stockers though, but I still feel that mostly what I see in my mirrors are my elbows.

Wiring
Addressing how to wire the signal could be easy or hard, depending upon whether you want it hidden or not. I wanted to hide my wiring, so I drilled a small hole in my fairing and upper fairing bracket so that the wiring would not be seen. I've seen pictures of people not drilling a hole and routing their wiring around the fairinig. Tapping into the stock wiring after that is straight forward.

Issue
The only issue I have with the mirrors is that the mirror posts are about 3 mm too long. What this means is that when I snap the mirrors into the upper fairing bracket, the mirror is not seated and rocks back and forth. I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer (Cyccon) of the mirrors and they felt that the difference in mirror post height was acceptable. So I ended up double-stacking the rubber gaskets (the ones that go in between the mirror and fairing) to take up the slack and that seemed to have solved the issue. In fact, the manufacturer (Cyccon) suggested that I create something that would take up the 3 mm difference. Now, I'm not sure if my case is isolated or not because when the original group buy came out, no one else expressed having this issue, so I guess I could consider myself "special" :)

Hope this helps with your decision.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Shoie, exact info I was looking for. I was looking for opinions on the looks. I 'm use to not getting any info from my stock mirrors so I'm use to that. Hooking them up seems pretty straight foward.

Hey Sblea
I'll probably order mines from Speedzilla.com. There is one on ebay for sale I think they are asking $180. I believe that's only $9 bucks diffrenece from the price at Speedzilla. I'm assuming that Cyccon has dealers and speedzilla is one of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DrGonzo said:
I was looking into those as well, thanks for the hands on review.

I was also considering these

http://ducs-r-us.com/turn_signal_and_plate.htm

I like these ones better but they want a rediculous amount of money for them
I like those as well but they are a bit pricey.....It wouldn't be so bad if I was willing to give them my mirror for a trade-in but my mirrors are already painted matrix green and I would have to pay for painting the ones I recieve.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I run these mirror/lights in yellow. They are bright and shine well.

I just wish they looked more like the factory ones, a little squared off. Very few things on the front end are pointed. Other then that, they work very well.

Speedzilla.com sells them and now they have the LED version which should be cool.

·
Registered
681 Posts
can one of you guys post where you routed the wiring for it?, did you just drill holes in your air intake ducts?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Whoa, no need to drill holes anywhere. The wires should wrap around and under the fairing then zip tie to the upper fairing supports. You can't even notice the wires coming from the lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts