Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this has got to be a 1st, my square cap that is used to activate and deactivate my turn signal broke off while I was riding tonight. I can still activate the signal but I can’t turn it off! Here’s another problem, I’ve been without the guts of my FAB for the past year and I’ve just been starting my bike with the 4 digit code. Now I can’t even start the bike. I did manage to find a small pin that I can use to depress to enter my code but what a PIA. Ducati will probably say I need a whole new assembly for the left side. For the time being it’s all hand signals. I’m screwed when it gets dark.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it has been confirmed, the entire assembly must be replaced all because of a small plastic piece that is worth a quarter. The price around $130, not unreasonable but paying $138 labor rate at 2.5 hours is. And the dealership won't order the part unless their is at least $250 in their shopping cart because it has to be ordered from Italy. Odd, never heard of a minimum order amount for a dealership to order parts from the motherland.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Couple things.

Have you tried to repair the part? Do you have the red valet key? What do you mean by "guts" of your FOB? Have you tried putting the broken FOB by the starter antenna?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as the FAB, I lost the entire internal circuit. I dropped my FAB, the cover split open and the inside assembly dissapeared into an area that I couldn't retrieve on my bike. If it happened at home, I probably could have found it or get it removed. But when you got to go, and its dark, not worth it. I ordered a new FAB through Motocorso in Portland, they had one in stock. They alao informed me that the red key acts as a low frequency Fab, I did not know that.

I also ordered a new left switch from them. The one on Ebay appears to be just what Im looking for assuming it fits a 14. Thanks for the link. Ive never used Ebay before.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Part ordered and arrived from Motocorso in Portland, I live in Reno. Took about 45 minutes to swap out the switch. Plug and play.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts