Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried but failed to find recommendations for front turn lights and mirrors for my 996.

Maybe somebody will have some pictures?

Thanks

Fer

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have been looking myself for a set for my 996 and ordered a pair from www.moto-science.com.
They are made to match perfectly to your fairing, but they are EXPENSIVE.

You can troll around fleabay, but stay away from the "universal fit" signal mirrors because the base is flat and won't fit the curved 996 fairings.

you can also try www.cyccon.com. They are based out of the Netherlands, so you have to figure in converting prices to US$ and the extra time it will take to get to you when shipped. If you can deal with the extra time it will take to ship, you can probably work with them to give you a better deal since they are probably looking to get rid of most of their old stock of mirrors for these bikes, since they are in relatively low demand (they offered me a deal, bu I already ordered from moto-science, plus I needed them right away).

I ordered from moto-science on monday and the mirrors are supposed to be delivered today.

good luck.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I bought some short stalk LEDs recently from luckybike.com. They have an 8mm stud which fits perfect in the holes your stock turn indicator wiring went through. No drilling required :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Ultimate solution..:D

Too bad they don´t make them anymore.. atleast i got my hands on a pair.

//amullo

·
Registered
134 Posts
damn those turn signal mirrors look sweet. Now I think it was worth the cashola to get them (those are the exact ones down to the color).

PS: lucky-bike is a GREAT ebay seller. I've bought a lot of LED items from them and they are tops!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Moto-Science:

Hey man,

I've been looking at a set of those for my 996. They look like they might be a litte wider than the stock mirrors. Do they offer a better view of whats behind you than the stock mirrors? Or do you still just see your elbows?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey man,

I've been looking at a set of those for my 996. They look like they might be a litte wider than the stock mirrors. Do they offer a better view of whats behind you than the stock mirrors? Or do you still just see your elbows?
I would rate them a little better due to the fact the whole mirror housing swivels on its base to get wider range of adjustment than the stock mirrors. But, do I still see elbows? Yes but less so. The best type of mirrors to eliminate that issue are bar end types. On my naked bike I had a set. And though the mirrors were a small 2.5 inches in diameter, they gave the best rearward view.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Ultimate solution..:D

Too bad they don´t make them anymore.. atleast i got my hands on a pair.

//amullo
A buddy had that done on his 996. He sent the mirrors away and they came back just like yours. Plug and play after that, slick setup. I'll give him a call and see if he has a phone number, its been a few years since it was done.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Yeah.. It was called "Stealth signals" or something like that. He used Life-brite LED´s in the setup.

It´s a pretty nice setup really. I dont have mine mounted at the moment, but I´m thinking about it..

//amullo

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would rate them a little better due to the fact the whole mirror housing swivels on its base to get wider range of adjustment than the stock mirrors. But, do I still see elbows? Yes but less so. The best type of mirrors to eliminate that issue are bar end types. On my naked bike I had a set. And though the mirrors were a small 2.5 inches in diameter, they gave the best rearward view.

Thanks for the response!

I had bar end mirrors on my Monster but they just don't look right on the superbikes.

I think I'm going to try a set like your's.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks for the response!

I had bar end mirrors on my Monster but they just don't look right on the superbikes.

I think I'm going to try a set like your's.
I totally agree . . . bar ends look best on classic cafe racers and nakeds.

Built-in signals in mirrors make so much sense on fully faired bikes . . . on any street bike for that matter.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
I converted my front parking lights into turn signals and have the Ducati CF mirrors. (Used LED's in the front parking lights)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Check out the Drag Specialties Micro Eagle Eye directionals. They look cool and LED for better visibility.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well I took the plunge and bought a set like 94t8.

Here is a pic of my bike with them and my new Braketech rotors installed

·
Registered
134 Posts
looks good, Monstermash. I just installed the same set of mirrors on my 996 on Friday night (I would post a pic, but looks just like 948t's bike, yellow and all.)

I'm spoiled in that I use CRG lanesplitters on my monster, so I can see pretty much everything behind me.

with the mirrors on my 996 even though they are a bit better than stock, I have to do a big elbow tuck just to see if there is a car on my ass.

I'm thinking of putting small parabolic blind spot mirrors at the end of the mirror lenses. has anyone done this?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts