Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

361 - 374 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
@karimero:

You can try setting all your modes to 150 high.

I'd also suggest trying the v6 map as it does change how the throttle behaves a bit.

You may need to get a tune done for your bike, have you tried doing an auto-tune or do you have a cruise-only map? If so, it may be time to get the full version and QS? ;)
I've tried all trims on both 4.1 and 6 beta software, tried auto tune and road tuning, all to no avail. So, a dyno tune is the only option left indeed. Only problem is there's no one supporting Tuneboy where I live. The shops are only using Power Commanders etc... There's just 1 guy who can tune Tuneboy, but he is so crazy busy that he refuses to take my bike in. I've begged several times...
By the way, (should have mentioned this in my previous post as this is key info:) I have 150 high also on Touring Mode, so that's why I don't understand the difference in engine behaviour!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry guys, can someone tell me if a positive value in the ignition trim table actually tells the ECU to ignite sooner? It seems so, but it seemed more intuitive to me to set a negative value. Not a big problem, I just want to be sure what I am doing :surprise:

Not a tuning purpose, just a test for a minor problem. Thank you ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok, need a little bit of help. Finally got my tuneboy (took almost 2 months)... Anyways, got it hooked up, key and serial number sorted out, and the cruise+tune map loaded in for my bike (2014). I cant seem to find trim files for it anywhere... Run it with just the tune and no trim? Also, i tried to click the tools menu to reset the oil change indicator, but it doesn't reset and go away on the dash. Last thing, it changed my bike over to KMH instead of MPH... How do I get it back to MPH?

Oh ya, is there a way with the tuneboy to turn off the exhaust servo since mine is disconnected (Mivv decat and muffler)....

This is all with version 6 which is what came on the USB I got....

·
Registered
2012 MTS1200 ST
23 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a copy of the Tunboy V4 flash and trim programs they would like to share with me. Planing on doing some road tuning but V6 don't work as the O2 connectors are not powered. Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you find the files yet? I have version 4.1 but I don't know how to send it to you.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Pretty sure I have some of the V4...but will a couple days before I can send. I broke myself falling off a ladder. You can not download from TB? I have not looked for some time. You could always contact Wayne, he ain’t fast but I am sure he would send you.

·
Registered
2012 MTS1200 ST
23 Posts
Thanks to Flatlined for the files.
TiDuc, hope you get better soon, stay away from ladders and ride your bike instead..

I actually got V6 to work and have done a few hours of roadtuning and the bike has never been better. All the canned tunes were WAY to rich for my setup.
I have not been able to get the wifi working and think this is due to my tablet wifi card and windows 10 not recognising ad-hoch connections so I'm logging over USB. I also suspect this is the reason the trim-program locks up and other programs keep launching by them selves at times, this keeps happening at the same RPM's so i think it's due to USB interference.
I will give V4.1 a try and see if this makes any difference,

If anyone is interested in a trim file for a 2010-12 MTS1200S with Mivv de-cat, Ghibli Silencer and stock air filter I'll be happy to share mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pretty sure I have some of the V4...but will a couple days before I can send. I broke myself falling off a ladder. You can not download from TB? I have not looked for some time. You could always contact Wayne, he ain’t fast but I am sure he would send you.
Thanks to Flatlined for the files.
TiDuc, hope you get better soon, stay away from ladders and ride your bike instead..

I actually got V6 to work and have done a few hours of roadtuning and the bike has never been better. All the canned tunes were WAY to rich for my setup.
I have not been able to get the wifi working and think this is due to my tablet wifi card and windows 10 not recognising ad-hoch connections so I'm logging over USB. I also suspect this is the reason the trim-program locks up and other programs keep launching by them selves at times, this keeps happening at the same RPM's so i think it's due to USB interference.
I will give V4.1 a try and see if this makes any difference,

If anyone is interested in a trim file for a 2010-12 MTS1200S with Mivv de-cat, Ghibli Silencer and stock air filter I'll be happy to share mine.
View attachment 987995

Hey Rotortech

I’ve just rolled my MTS out from the back of my garage after 4 years. Just cleaned the injectors, replaced spark plugs and gave it a good service. Fired up first time!
I have the MIVV with decat installed.
Tour road tuning setup looks similar what I had back in 2016. I gave up back then and have bought an Africa Twin since. So anyway I thought I would give it another bash at trying to get it running smooth.
I wouldn’t mind giving your map a try and see how it goes. I need to relearn all the tuneboy software now as it’s been a while since I messed with it. Has there been any progress/improvement with the software since 2016? I tried contacting Wayne at tuneboy but no reply, I believe he has been in some sort of accident.
I am also in Thailand up in Chiang Mai.
Would appreciate it if you could get in touch.

cheers
Johnny

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Recently I contacted Wayne A few time for a project and he answered me after a couple days. Might try again and bump him?

·
Registered
2012 MTS1200 ST
23 Posts
Hi Johnny,

Nice to hear you'll give it another go, I also had to re-learn everything as its been a few years since last time.

I got the latest V6 files from the website and could not get any of the canned trims to work as they would not power the wideband sensors (no ground signal). My solution was to load the tune without any trim file and then save a blank trim file from the program and start from zero. Everything worked perfect from there, it took me about two hours of riding per cylinder to get a very nice tune.
I could not get the wifi to work because of windows 10 and my wifi card did not support ad-hock connections, the USB worked ok but i think this caused the trim program to freeze a few times and random programs would launch from time to time, specially at high RPM's. therefore I would save the trim file often as not to loose any of the results.
I did a pull or two and corrected the cells using the C key and then saved the file, repeated this until I had covered the entire range. When finished load the new trim file to the bike.
Try to be as smooth on the throttle as possible as large throttle changes will give a rich reading due to the acceleration enrichment.
A loooong uphill will help a-lot with the logging.

I have finally made it back to Malaysia for work but my trim file is still back home in Thailand so I can't get that to you right now, sorry about that. Not sure when I will be able to go home now, these are some crazy times.

I wish you the best of luck and I'll be happy to help if you have any more questions.

Tor

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok great you got it running well. Is it smooth under 3,000rpm also?
I’m actually stuck trying to connect the bike to my Windows 10 PC (previous laptop is long gone). It looks like windows is not automatically installing the drivers for it. Any idea where the drivers for the module can be found? The WB01_Update V6 Application keeps asking to connect the module to the PC

·
Registered
65 Posts
You have to install the Logworks 3 drivers, download from their website https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support.php

My bike runs smooth trough the whole RPM range, the 42 tooth rear sprocket also helps with this.
Ah ok, doh! I had the CD which revealed all. It’s all up and running now. X3 V6 maps installed. I’ll go out and see what they are like in the next few days. Would be good when you get a chance to send me your trim file so I can give it a go.
I’ve actually dropped a tooth on my front sprocket years ago in a bid for more low end response.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well success at looong last. I went out for a spin yesterday to test the new V6 and trim files. Wow this is the best I have ever had it in 8 years. The first trim file (below) worked great...

MTS1200_Gen1_MIVV_V6
Trim file created on TuneBoy dyno for 2010 MTS1200 with MIVV system
(No CAT, No DB-Killers).

The other two were nowhere as good.

Quickshifter and launch control both working perfectly. Previously my fuelling and the Quickshifter just did not want to work together at all and I gave up, but now it seems there has been quite a bit of progress over the years with the software/tune development.
The bike will pull away from 2,000rpm in 4th with ease and smoothly. I also tried it in 6th gear, as expected some chugging but nothing like previous (you wouldn’t do this anyway). The lugging/chugging has now been completely eradicated and to say I’m over the moon is an understatement.
The fuelling is not perfect (when is it on any bike) but I’m real pleased with the outcome. Well done tuneboy for the progress over the years. I now have a useable Ducati!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

361 - 374 of 374 Posts