Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

341 - 360 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Exactly, I use the bike every day, don't want to install potentially unstable software at the moment. It is out there from some time now, I imagined it would be released soon but it seems to be stuck at the beta stage

·
Registered
272 Posts
Exactly, I use the bike every day, don't want to install potentially unstable software at the moment. It is out there from some time now, I imagined it would be released soon but it seems to be stuck at the beta stage
I use mine every day too. It's easy enough to revert back to the previous version if there are issues.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Did you know there is another two pages of quickshifter settings? You can tune it per gear at various rpm
Oops, I meant to attach the screen shots of those two pages :rolleyes:

You use the arrows keys to select a cell, and then use the Q key to increase the value and W to decrease.

Note that other keys will bring up various windows that are not documented and probably not intended for use unless you have it on a dyno.

Eg. D brings up a debug window, E brings up a window with various info about cruise control

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I use mine every day too. It's easy enough to revert back to the previous version if there are issues.
You're right, but I'm doing some tests after 48000 km service, with flywheel and exhaust on the list so I prefer a stable software to be sure and focus on the difference those things cause. After that, I could even test the V6 Beta if there is not a stable version yet :smile2:

Reactions: Pgalligan

·
Registered
665 Posts
Okay, a little feedback on my Tuneboy experience this past weekend...

I read the instructions x3, then got everything set up and the map they sent me installed. Even taking my time only about an hour elapsed from when I popped the seat off to buttoning everything back up and gearing up for a test ride. Key created, ECU prepared/reflashed, one trim file loaded. I had the bike on the battery tender just in case but I really don't think that was needed (I had the module connected via USB to my laptop). I tested the trim file enable/disable mode with the throttle/clutch lever and the headlights flashed to confirm my choices.

During the test ride I did notice that while there was no popping on deceleration, off-idle response (such as leaving a stop) was a little on the fluffy side, an indication that things are somewhat rich; it never hesitated or bucked as if it had to clear out though. But it is running noticeably smoother than before...I had my mechanic install an MWR filter at the last service and ever since then I could tell it was leaner, a bit down on power and rougher idling/running. Anyway, back to what I was saying; I goosed the throttle and the bike immediately tried to smack me in the face. :eek: I had to make sure so I did it again. :p Ahhh, there's my missing horsepower! I did note that the fuel light had come on so I topped the tank off and rode some more. You think the bike noticed? Hell no, it still came up with the same amount of alacrity.

This makes me happy in my pants.

Immediate future plans are to schedule a day at my favorite dyno shop (BRG Racing) and really get this thing dialed. Then it's a trackday, or two, or three...

PS: I only purchased the tuning kit, but Emma told me that the QS & CC options could be added at any time.

·
Registered
589 Posts
PS: I only purchased the tuning kit, but Emma told me that the QS & CC options could be added at any time.
Great options , both of them , QS take fun factor to a new level , don"t forget if you get them you can also have launch control if you use beta V6 options .

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hooli,

have you Decated? if so, with what? or are you califoricated denied?:confused:
Running the stock pipe. I may do it in the future but for now I like my quiet (albeit a bit restrictive) standard exhaust. Main reason being is the noise; I've heard a few MTS's w/full systems and they have some bark to them. I live in a quiet family-type neighborhood and leave at dark o'clock every morning. There's something to be said about stealth mode advantages. :D

Or, maybe I can short-shift until I get to the freeway on-ramp... >:)

·
Registered
348 Posts
can recommend the SC Project WITH THE DB KILLER IN

Running the stock pipe. I may do it in the future but for now I like my quiet (albeit a bit restrictive) standard exhaust. Main reason being is the noise;
I can recommend the SC Project WITH THE DB KILLER IN, Nice note (even approved by the wife) without being obnoxious/anti social.0:)

·
Green owner of Red MTS1200
151 Posts
After sorting a "no-start" issue I too have the Tuneboy maps loaded. My only issue was the key generation, on my old XP notebook using usb connection, I had to have the bike on and connected to get the pop-up page for the key generation, the guide advised to leave the bike off and the pop-up page should appear after re-starting Flash Mitsubishi program from initial map install - it didn't.

My bike has K&N filter (new) Mivv decat headers and Suono muffler. I run the smaller DB killers in the headers and also muffler, bikes seems happier on the "Full Termi map with db killers" more testing to follow but it sure pulls hard now.

I have not installed my nudge buttons so far, anyone point me to the instructions for their use? As the supplied scant instructions tell me how to use the CC off the start button only.

Cheers John

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
CC use with nudge buttons:

1. Activate CC by holding the starter button for about 5 seconds, if stopped with no brake/clutch pulled the bike will do a rev blip, if on the move it won't.

2. Press the top button (up arrow) to set the cruise point and release the throttle, bike should stay at set speed.

3. With the cruise active (1) press up to increase the speed by 1km/h press down to reduce by 3km/h.

4. If the cruise is disengaged by braking or pulling the clutch, press down and it will engage again at the last set speed.

That's about it. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tuneboy rough running becomes less in different mode...

Hi guys,

I've just had my first good ride in a while and wasn't really looking forward to it as I've not yet found a solution for the rough running down low and at small throttle openings (especially with cruise control engaged). Most of the time I ride in Touring mode and the bike bucks and hesitates and seems to miss every other cycle. But now I've tried cruise control in Sport mode, and the bike runs quite a bit smoother! It's still not perfect, but at least it's enjoyable to ride, also in the lower revs and lower gears. I'm still running the Stock 2011 .dat file without trim, as that was way better than the Termi with cat and Mivv ones.
It seems to me that the fuelling is way off in Touring mode somehow, and just slightly off in Sport mode. Throttle response is better as well in Sport mode, whereas in Touring mode the bike seems to miss a few ignition cycles when cracking open the throttle. Weird, isn't it?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't know what year your Multi is or if you have removed the catalytic converter on your bike , you may want to try the V4.1 QD with DB killer trim file mated to the V4.1 2010-2012 tune file , I use it for my 2011 and it is the most seat of the pants power and very smooth , engine loves it , smoother for me then Mivv or Full Termi with DB killer . Was out today and started from a dead stop and quickshifted up through to 5th gear and 10000 rpm to about 230 kmp . I LOVE that quick shifter as I can totally focus on the rpm and I was crouched over the front , head tucked in behind the screen and had to back off first gear at 9500 rpm as the front came up , normally leaning over the front it didn't do that before as alot of my weight is over the front end . Wanted to try my launch control but need to read up on that on more time . I LOVE this bike and TUNEBOY

·
Registered
110 Posts
Do someone have a trim file for a 2010-2012 with Arrow?

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
@karimero:

You can try setting all your modes to 150 high.

I'd also suggest trying the v6 map as it does change how the throttle behaves a bit.

You may need to get a tune done for your bike, have you tried doing an auto-tune or do you have a cruise-only map? If so, it may be time to get the full version and QS? ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know what year your Multi is or if you have removed the catalytic converter on your bike , you may want to try the V4.1 QD with DB killer trim file mated to the V4.1 2010-2012 tune file , I use it for my 2011 and it is the most seat of the pants power and very smooth , engine loves it , smoother for me then Mivv or Full Termi with DB killer . Was out today and started from a dead stop and quickshifted up through to 5th gear and 10000 rpm to about 230 kmp . I LOVE that quick shifter as I can totally focus on the rpm and I was crouched over the front , head tucked in behind the screen and had to back off first gear at 9500 rpm as the front came up , normally leaning over the front it didn't do that before as alot of my weight is over the front end . Wanted to try my launch control but need to read up on that on more time . I LOVE this bike and TUNEBOY
Thanks for the tip, but that one doesn't work well for my Bone stock 2011 Multistrada unfortunately. But great that you have your bike running like mad! :-D

341 - 360 of 367 Posts