Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Guys,

I recently installed a LV decat and had the ECU reflashed on my 2010 796. I am experiencing mild backfiring (occasionally), and constant popping during decels. I did use the exhaust RTV sealant on the joints of the exhaust when I installed it. When I get a chance here soon I plan to remove, and reinstall the exhaust system using the RTV sealant. Just a heads up: I am one of those who experienced a less than stellar fit with the LV system (I have the stock cans still).

So, it this re-install doesn't reduce or eliminate the popping what are my options for getting a good map? I don't really want to have to re-install all the O2 sensors to use a PCV system. Is the PCV necessary to have the bike properly dyno'd? All of this is new to me so please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Yes you will need a pcv to get a custom map from a dyno tune. Is the popping only on decel? My LV pipe was alittle stubborn also so I started over working from front to back and found that my "y" pipe was in a bit of a bind so u can twist it back and forth to relieve some of the tension and after the sealant no more popping

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
And you do not need o2's to have pcv . Pcv works much better without. You just will not need to use the optimizer that comes with it

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Howdy Guys,

I recently installed a LV decat and had the ECU reflashed on my 2010 796. I am experiencing mild backfiring (occasionally), and constant popping during decels. I did use the exhaust RTV sealant on the joints of the exhaust when I installed it. When I get a chance here soon I plan to remove, and reinstall the exhaust system using the RTV sealant. Just a heads up: I am one of those who experienced a less than stellar fit with the LV system (I have the stock cans still).

So, it this re-install doesn't reduce or eliminate the popping what are my options for getting a good map? I don't really want to have to re-install all the O2 sensors to use a PCV system. Is the PCV necessary to have the bike properly dyno'd? All of this is new to me so please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks,

Greg
greg mate hi, john in oz here..mate the best thing to do is this (IMO) you mention you have had your stock ECU re-flashed ( i assume to delete the O2 etc) take it to a dyno shop do a run at WOT make sure your AFR is in the safe zone, if it is great! if its not you will need to contact the shop that did the re-flash and have them modify your tune..simply give them the data from the dyno. i did this with my PRO-TUNE unit. (they made me 4 maps for my bike) thru moto-wheels and pro=tune in itally.

VB796 is correct in the fact that to have a custom made map for your excat mods and bike , you will need a PCV . john

popping can also be due to a significant decrease in back pressure and ex-s fuel burn, it is not nessesarily a sign of a lean motor (which so many seem to think)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
mate for $90 if you can (put it on the dyno that will tell you all you need to know...well worth it for peace of mind! after all its your motor mate

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mate for $90 if you can (put it on the dyno that will tell you all you need to know...well worth it for peace of mind! after all its your motor mate
Yes Jon, I am going to get it squared away. Just need to decide on a path to go down to getter dun.

:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Looking at your pics they look a tad on the lean side . How many miles have you rode since reflash ? I remember my decel pops going away after reflash but that was before I replaced headers with LV . My guess on the decel pops is a small leak in the "y"pipe .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts