Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Changing the speedo cal is possible, not exactly sure how now since the DucatiDiag software/flash mod pathway went away. Perhaps GuzziDiag may work. I have the DucatiDiag software (including Writer, registered for a few bucks, gladly spent, thanks JP!) I thought I read somewhere where JP (DD author) had resurrected his previous work under another name, perhaps it is GuzziDiag, don't know. My speedo was 7% out, easy to fix, now agrees with GPS exactly. My point is that it IS possible.

-Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Changing the speedo cal is possible, not exactly sure how now since the DucatiDiag software/flash mod pathway went away. Perhaps GuzziDiag may work. I have the DucatiDiag software (including Writer, registered for a few bucks, gladly spent, thanks JP!) I thought I read somewhere where JP (DD author) had resurrected his previous work under another name, perhaps it is GuzziDiag, don't know. My speedo was 7% out, easy to fix, now agrees with GPS exactly. My point is that it IS possible.

-Mike
Now called JP Diag jpdiag and forum JPDiag :: Index

·
Registered
31 Posts
Once loading the DP performance map (and tweaking a bit) the bike runs much much better. Tune ecu is definitely worth every penny.

My only issue is a strong smell at idle. I assume the CO is way to high. Any way of changing this via tune ecu? I know guzzidiag has a co trim function.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have not noticed any smell at idle wit the Ducati Performance map. It idles just fine. Plus the fuel economy is pretty good for a performance twin. The Termi kit map is simply awfull.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you already have the DP ECU that came with your Termis then this won't do you any good.
Could someone explain why this is the case? I have Termi mufflers and DP ECU on my 1098. Really want to fix the annoying snatchy quality the bike has at low revs. Is it not possible to flash a new map into this ECU?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Could someone explain why this is the case? I have Termi mufflers and DP ECU on my 1098. Really want to fix the annoying snatchy quality the bike has at low revs. Is it not possible to flash a new map into this ECU?
Yes it's possible to flash a new map over your dp ecu, or your stock ecu as well.

You can try first to flash a dp map with lambda and exhaust valve disabled, that will improve what's annoying you.

Or get a custom map on a dyno if it's possible for you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ECU's are identical so you can flash anything on either of them. I have an 848 but it had the same terrible snatchiness under 4k. I found the DP performance flash a bit better than the termi flash, it has the exhaust valve disabled by default and you can turn off the O2's in tuneecu before flashing, reset the throttle and it runs great under 4k now.

If you have tune ecu or get it and the cable this is the DP map (well worth it for 40 bucks you can change it around until you find what you like )
3215SWA5.hex OEM md5checksumStreetFighter 1098. Ducati Performance
vs this one you have now
321515PSA02.hex OEM md5checksumStreetfighter 1098S. Termignoni Slip On Exhaust

All maps here https://tuneecu.net/Ducati_Tune_list.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Roadkill, awesome info. Still trying to get my head around the whole deal but it’s starting to come together after a lot of reading. My bike is a 2007 1098S, but not a Streetfighter. Have had a look at the list of maps in TuneEcu, there’s several that seem applicable. Is there any way to differentiate one from the other, other than just trying them?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks Roadkill, awesome info. Still trying to get my head around the whole deal but it’s starting to come together after a lot of reading. My bike is a 2007 1098S, but not a Streetfighter. Have had a look at the list of maps in TuneEcu, there’s several that seem applicable. Is there any way to differentiate one from the other, other than just trying them?
Not that I have found outside of finding people explaining their experience with them. On the streetfighter the DP map seems a little smoother than the termi slip on map - probably due to the flapper disabled in that map by default, would assume it is the same on the 1098s, the o2 is selectable in any map, so maybe try the dp perf map turn off o2 and verify the flapper motor is no longer moving and see how that is for smoothness.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would try this one
2237SNA1.hex OEM md5checksum1098S. Ducati Performance Slip On Exhaust
The ones you see with no explanation, that just say 1098S are just the stock bin files that came on the bikes, usually there are multiple ones as they updated the software a little over the years and the number in the file name so you may see the file end in 38,39,40 meaning 40 is the latest typically, there are also files from other markets as the tune varied a bit sometimes in different markets. So if you have slipons you mostly only care about the DP slip on maps or termi slip on maps (or maybe full system termi map if you have a full system) but they rest are stock bins and no use to you.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts