Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been doing some research to tune my bike for my new slip ons, and I was pretty much ready to buy the rapidbike EVO, but one of my friends suggested to look into the tuneecu, he did it on his triumph before with great results. So I did some research on it on the forums and people have been getting pretty good results with the tune, so I thought for $15 for the app and $5 wire, couldn't really hurt. Jesus what a difference it made, I just downloaded the app on my phone and plugged it in with the appropriate wiring and pretty easy from there. Backed up the stock software just in case and downloaded the software from their website and put it in. Right away I noticed it doesn't surge or chug around below 4k and I can honestly cruise around at like 2-3k rpm no problem. So I put a pair of don moto cans on the bike last month, and with stock tune my fuel mileage went down from 210km average before the light coming on to about 175km. Now with the tune I get 240km average.

Honestly the it just feels soo much more responsive on mid-top end power, feels faster and smoother. Only down side is that it doesn't pop on decel as much... definitely worth the trade off. Now I know getting the rapid bike will probably make it run even better but for total $20, im happy.

Results will obviously vary but for my situation, Don moto slip ons, duc.ee valve eliminator, and performance air filter, (air intake mod coming soon), feels absolutely the business, like a brand new bike.

·
Registered
101 Posts
FWIW, JPDiag (formerly DucatiDiag) is a free alternative that you can use on your PC. Looks like Tuneecu can only be used on our bikes from an Android phone only.

Also, if you flashed any of the DP maps, you don't need the duc.ee. That code is disabled in both of the tunes so you can remove everything related to the flapper valve without issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

where did you get the cable from mate?
If after one of these

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
So ive been doing some research to tune my bike for my new slip ons, and I was pretty much ready to buy the rapidbike EVO, but one of my friends suggested to look into the tuneecu, he did it on his triumph before with great results. So I did some research on it on the forums and people have been getting pretty good results with the tune, so I thought for $15 for the app and $5 wire, couldn't really hurt. Jesus what a difference it made, I just downloaded the app on my phone and plugged it in with the appropriate wiring and pretty easy from there. Backed up the stock software just in case and downloaded the software from their website and put it in. Right away I noticed it doesn't surge or chug around below 4k and I can honestly cruise around at like 2-3k rpm no problem. So I put a pair of don moto cans on the bike last month, and with stock tune my fuel mileage went down from 210km average before the light coming on to about 175km. Now with the tune I get 240km average.

Honestly the it just feels soo much more responsive on mid-top end power, feels faster and smoother. Only down side is that it doesn't pop on decel as much... definitely worth the trade off. Now I know getting the rapid bike will probably make it run even better but for total $20, im happy.

Results will obviously vary but for my situation, Don moto slip ons, duc.ee valve eliminator, and performance air filter, (air intake mod coming soon), feels absolutely the business, like a brand new bike.
What $5.00 wire are you referring to? I'm interested in doing this on my SF848. I can use an android phone if need be, but I did take a look at their site and it looks like they have Windows software that I could throw on an old laptop of mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are the first 2 cables is what is needed for connecting this to a laptop? I don't have an android phone at the moment, but i'm sure I could pick one up cheap or use my android tablet...I wouldn't plan on doing on the fly changes.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the first 2 cables is what is needed for connecting this to a laptop? I don't have an android phone at the moment, but i'm sure I could pick one up cheap or use my android tablet...I wouldn't plan on doing on the fly changes.
Ya, that's exactly what I got. Only thing is keep in mind that the ducati tunes apperantly only work with the android app, but If im not mistaking you can get apps on windows now, so you might be able to swing it that way.

Le Nitro,
$5 wire was the fiat 3 pin, I got it for about 5 bucks from a friend, and like I said above ducati only works through the app.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which map did you use? I'd like to give this a try. I have Termi slip ons.

Ya if you have the dp ecu, Im not sure how well this would work to be honest.. If you dont i used the last map on the list; Streetfighter 848. Ducati Performance Slip on Exhaust.

Also FYI for everyone, I will later post a full step by step to doing this tune later on the week, probably by the end of the weekend. With pics:wink2:

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you already have the DP ECU that came with your Termis then this won't do you any good.
If that's the case, would I still benefit from using the duc.ee exhaust valve eliminator? I was told by the previous owner that the DP ecu had been installed, but I haven't confirmed it. I'm assuming the DP ecu does not do anything with the exhaust valve.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If that's the case, would I still benefit from using the duc.ee exhaust valve eliminator? I was told by the previous owner that the DP ecu had been installed, but I haven't confirmed it. I'm assuming the DP ecu does not do anything with the exhaust valve.
The DP ECU, even the slip on map, disables the code that gets thrown when you remove the exhaust valve equipment. You do not need a duc.ee with it. This is how I'm currently running with no issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ya if you have the dp ecu, Im not sure how well this would work to be honest.. If you dont i used the last map on the list; Streetfighter 848. Ducati Performance Slip on Exhaust.

Also FYI for everyone, I will later post a full step by step to doing this tune later on the week, probably by the end of the weekend. With pics:wink2:
Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have a 2010 SF1098S. I can't seem to find where I can change the speedometer calibration and immobilizer. I was able to see this option on my S2R1000.

Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Oh yeah. I learned to live with it. lol. Been that way on almost every bike I've owned. I was riding today with the GPS and chuckling at how off it was. Are you saying that you could adjust it on the s2r1000?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts