Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some Termignoni's and from what I am reading, the choices are the slip on map or the DP map or a custom map.
TuneECU has both the Ducati maps so it seems the cheapest easiest way is TuneECU for 10 bucks and the cable - ordered the cable and planning to flash when I get the cable.

Just wondering if anyone has used TuneECU recently and if all works well (ordered the known working cable from LoneLec)?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ordered some Termignoni's and from what I am reading, the choices are the slip on map or the DP map or a custom map.
TuneECU has both the Ducati maps so it seems the cheapest easiest way is TuneECU for 10 bucks and the cable - ordered the cable and planning to flash when I get the cable.

Just wondering if anyone has used TuneECU recently and if all works well (ordered the known working cable from LoneLec)?
I use TuneECU on my 848 Superbike... bugger all difference between them. Works a treat for uploading new maps, resetting service intervals, and diagnosing error codes. Also works for changing the startup text on the dash, and other things, like altering the coolant temperature setting at which point the fans come on.

I'm using the Lonelec cable kit - works perfectly.

Great software, and great value.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use TuneECU on my 848 Superbike... bugger all difference between them. Works a treat for uploading new maps, resetting service intervals, and diagnosing error codes. Also works for changing the startup text on the dash, and other things, like altering the coolant temperature setting at which point the fans come on.

I'm using the Lonelec cable kit - works perfectly.

Great software, and great value.
Awesome - good to here, was great on my KTM Duke, so can't wait for my cable to arrive - thanks for the verification that it works!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's great to have an open ecu. All the dealer only bs is braking me to buy a newer Duc.
Yes, I hear you there, I have a 2015 monster 821 and can't touch it, had to pay the dealer 125 to put the termignoni flash on it and you can't reset the maint light without the dealer either - love the streetfighter as it is the last gen it seems of the stuff you can still touch god forbid.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Man... if only TuneECU worked on my 696. I've been spoiled using it on my KTM 690 supermoto and some of my Triumphs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, all works awesome!!!

So here is what I used for anyone that would like to do it also.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Cable set from Lonelec known to work well and confirmed it does comes with the OTG adaper, OBDII cable and OBDII to 3pin Ducati interface for 20GBP, $35 usd shipped and arrived in 6 dasy (you can do Amazon/Ebay etc and take your chances, this one woks great though) https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-3pin-Interface-Cable?search=GUZZIDIAG JPDIAG DUCATIDIAG KIT

Bought the TuneECU app from play store - 10 bucks, great deal.

Plugged it all together - be very careful, the adapter has 2 alligator clips to the battery, if you reverse polarity it will damage the ECU, plug them in first and triple check, then plug into the OBD ECU adapter (this is the adapter under the drivers seat, not the 4 wire under the passenger seat. It is on the right side with a cap on it and only 2 wires going to it (3 pin adapter).

Start TuneECU and plug in the OTG adapter, it will prompt if TuneECU can use it, allow it, turn on the key and then choose ECU from the menu and connect. It will connect and flash green at the bottom right, to confirm it is connect, turn the throttle and make sure it is reflected on the screen.

One thing that took me a minute to figure out that non of the map stuff is in the menus on the main screen, you have to swipe right and left and there are more screens, one of those is the map screen.

I was able to read out the factory map no issues (takes about 18 minutes) and save it off to a file. I then loaded the DP map for the 848 from tuneecu's site. You are able to change a few things on that map before writing it, one is what it says on the display when it starts up, other is the O2's and you can disable traction control fully if you want.

Once you change any settings, you can write the map - only takes 3 minutes and turn key off, wait 5 secs and back on - dash says Race (because I put that) and the servo doesn't move as the DP map has it disabled.

I was also able to reset the TPS and there are a few other settings, resetting maintenance running test etc - a great app for short money, works like a top.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a heads up, the full racing exhaust Map has the lambadas disabled, as well as the flapper. The slip on DP map still has them enabled as well as the flapper. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a heads up, the full racing exhaust Map has the lambadas disabled, as well as the flapper. The slip on DP map still has them enabled as well as the flapper. :)
Have you tried them all, I read in a thread the termignoni slip on map still had a bit of a flat spot, so used the map off tuneecu's site labelled Ducati Performance slip on map and it seems to have disabled the flapper but shows the O2's still on. They also have on called Full Termignoni Exhaust that I assume is the full racing map.

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
The full racing exhaust map still has the O2's enabled as standard, you can disable on any map with TuneEcu.
The full exhaust map is rather rich.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, think I found so far the settings I am happiest with.

the DP slip on map - it disables the flapper by default, ran it for a week, better but bike still didn't like 2-4k much and would kinda vibrate the mirrors and gauge pod if you lugged it through that range in town. I reflashed same map with 02's disabled as that seemed to be what others had been happy with wow it is night an day - pulls from 2k in town in higher gears, almost no vibration or bucking at all - certainly richens up the low end. From what I read with the O2's enabled it will still go very learn at lower RPM's adjusting fueling based on the sensors vs just using the fueling table.

So it is basically perfect now quite happy and probably why people love the full termignoni map so much as I believe it is set to disable the O2's by default in that map.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ok, all works awesome!!!

So here is what I used for anyone that would like to do it also.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Cable set from Lonelec known to work well and confirmed it does comes with the OTG adaper, OBDII cable and OBDII to 3pin Ducati interface for 20GBP, $35 usd shipped and arrived in 6 dasy (you can do Amazon/Ebay etc and take your chances, this one woks great though) https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-3pin-Interface-Cable?search=GUZZIDIAG JPDIAG DUCATIDIAG KIT

Bought the TuneECU app from play store - 10 bucks, great deal.

Plugged it all together - be very careful, the adapter has 2 alligator clips to the battery, if you reverse polarity it will damage the ECU, plug them in first and triple check, then plug into the OBD ECU adapter (this is the adapter under the drivers seat, not the 4 wire under the passenger seat. It is on the right side with a cap on it and only 2 wires going to it (3 pin adapter).

Start TuneECU and plug in the OTG adapter, it will prompt if TuneECU can use it, allow it, turn on the key and then choose ECU from the menu and connect. It will connect and flash green at the bottom right, to confirm it is connect, turn the throttle and make sure it is reflected on the screen.

One thing that took me a minute to figure out that non of the map stuff is in the menus on the main screen, you have to swipe right and left and there are more screens, one of those is the map screen.

I was able to read out the factory map no issues (takes about 18 minutes) and save it off to a file. I then loaded the DP map for the 848 from tuneecu's site. You are able to change a few things on that map before writing it, one is what it says on the display when it starts up, other is the O2's and you can disable traction control fully if you want.

Once you change any settings, you can write the map - only takes 3 minutes and turn key off, wait 5 secs and back on - dash says Race (because I put that) and the servo doesn't move as the DP map has it disabled.

I was also able to reset the TPS and there are a few other settings, resetting maintenance running test etc - a great app for short money, works like a top.

My mechanic flashed the Redline map, and mistakenly disabled the DTC. Would I be able to just enable the DTC and not touch anything else?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My mechanic flashed the Redline map, and mistakenly disabled the DTC. Would I be able to just enable the DTC and not touch anything else?
In TuneEcu it is a checkbox you check or uncheck and then write the map. So you would have to read out the map to a hex file - simple to do, just select read it and it will read it out of the ECU and you can save it to a file (so you have it) then once read, you just check the DTC box and write it back - read take about 10-15 minutes, write only takes 3 mins.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Do you guys have any good "getting started with TuneEcu" sources? Ive looked here and YouTube and didn't see any great tutorials (i might just be looking in the wrong spots). Im a bit lost when it comes to anything but resetting the TPS haha

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't find anything great either, had to just poke around in the app look at menus, took me like 20 minutes to realize I needed to swipe right to see the other screens that had other options and different menus.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts