Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
We are in Vietnam and my family is new to the Ducati motorcycles. We have a Multistrada and 1199 and Diavel. There is a very popular and famous motorcycle shop here in Ho Chi Minh City and all of Vietnam name Moto Dang Khoa or Motovation Vietnam. And they tell tell me and everybody to use Bazzaz because it is the best to use. Recently a lot of motorcycles have been using Tuneboy in Vietnam and I see the owner very happy and say good things. Sound too good to be true! Moto Dang Khoa write bad thing about Tuneboy so I don't know what to get. Many bikers here see that and don't want Tuneboy now and say bad things. I attach what Moto Dang Khoa writ so you see and translate so you understand :

Here is the consequence of reflash tuneboy! Beside of the impossibility of returning to the original mapping, the bike will exhaust like rockets on ISIS. Basically, the Ducatista will take the risk when he decides to map. Once he wants to turn back to the original mapping he must buy a new ECU. For sure the bike will not work as smooth as before. Otherwise, the bike will be heating extremely fast and sounds like a tractor.

I want to gets information from this forum because this forum specialize in Ducati only and this section is about the Multistrad and I think you will know more about motorcycle then Vietnam because Vietnam is new to motorcycle compare to other countries. Thank you for all your info and this will help us make right decision!

Attachments

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,714 Posts
I'd be surprised if one couldn't, there must be a standard or actual oem map that one could re-install.

Have you tried contacting the folks at Tuneboy?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you serious? Why would you use Bazzaz on a DUCATI ??? TuneBoy is one of the BEST if not the best out there. Just ask the bikers who have it in their bike. There are others that are worth mentioning too like the tablet.

I work at a Ducati dealer and I can tell you that we have alot of customers who use TuneBoy and it is way better then the Termi upmaps that comes with the exhaust systems. We have also reflashed the TuneBoy maps back to factory before cause we were trying to figure out a problem. So I do know for a fact that once you reflash with TuneBoy, you can go back to stock! But why would you want to go back to stock as stock is shit and there is no comparison to TuneBoy!!!

So the shop in Vietnam is full of shit and don't shouldn't be in business. You guys need to find another shop who knows how to work on real motorcycles and not the scooters, cause this shop seems to sell things to biker no matter if its good for your bike or not! All they care is getting your hard earned money !!!

Anyone using TuneBoy please post your experience for this fellow Ducatisti.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,714 Posts
there are hundreds of threads on the Tuneboy, Rexxer, and Power Commander products....plenty of information out there for the OP to read.

thanks, ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I work at a Ducati dealer and I can tell you that we have alot of customers who use TuneBoy and it is way better then the Termi upmaps that comes with the exhaust systems. We have also reflashed the TuneBoy maps back to factory before cause we were trying to figure out a problem. So I do know for a fact that once you reflash with TuneBoy, you can go back to stock! But why would you want to go back to stock as stock is shit and there is no comparison to TuneBoy!!!
So, exactly how do you go back to stock mapping from Tuneboy?? Others on this forum have said that it is not possible.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
592 Posts
I believe you have to save the original map in a trim file prior to loading a new map, that"s just a guess as I"ve yet to install mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are hundreds of threads on the Tuneboy, Rexxer, and Power Commander products....plenty of information out there for the OP to read.

thanks, ;)

Yes I searched and read the threads on Tuneboy and it look like everyone loves and use Tuneboy on the Ducatis. I will post this linking my Facebook so other bikers here in Vietnam can see what the professionals and experience bikers in other country use and say about it. Hope more people can input about their experience with Tuneboy.

Thanks to help us learn more! ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I believe you have to save the original map in a trim file prior to loading a new map, that"s just a guess as I"ve yet to install mine.
errr no, you can't download the trim, stock or other wise from the ECU with the Tuneboy system, BUT, Tuneboy does provide you with the stock trim (mine came on a USB stick), so you can reload to stock any time you want.

Very happy Tuneboy (Tune, CC and QS) customer here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tuneboy provides a stock .dat file that you can flash to the ECU anytime you want to go back to stock. Works like charm. Another happy Tuneboy (CC, tune, QS) customer here...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
We are in Vietnam and my family is new to the Ducati motorcycles. We have a Multistrada and 1199 and Diavel. There is a very popular and famous motorcycle shop here in Ho Chi Minh City and all of Vietnam name Moto Dang Khoa or Motovation Vietnam. And they tell tell me and everybody to use Bazzaz because it is the best to use. Recently a lot of motorcycles have been using Tuneboy in Vietnam and I see the owner very happy and say good things. Sound too good to be true! Moto Dang Khoa write bad thing about Tuneboy so I don't know what to get. Many bikers here see that and don't want Tuneboy now and say bad things. I attach what Moto Dang Khoa writ so you see and translate so you understand :

Here is the consequence of reflash tuneboy! Beside of the impossibility of returning to the original mapping, the bike will exhaust like rockets on ISIS. Basically, the Ducatista will take the risk when he decides to map. Once he wants to turn back to the original mapping he must buy a new ECU. For sure the bike will not work as smooth as before. Otherwise, the bike will be heating extremely fast and sounds like a tractor.

I want to gets information from this forum because this forum specialize in Ducati only and this section is about the Multistrad and I think you will know more about motorcycle then Vietnam because Vietnam is new to motorcycle compare to other countries. Thank you for all your info and this will help us make right decision!
Lets set the record straight. As some of the other members here stated, your dealer there in Vietnam is "SHIT" and should not be in business at all. I wonder if they are related to Motovation USA ??? If they are, then it is giving Motovation a very bad reputation!

First of all, you DO NOT use Bazzaz on a Ducati period !!!
Secondly, you CAN remap it with the factory map. Either by bringing it back to the Ducati service dept and they can reflash it back.
Or you can use the factory map that TuneBoy supply for the particular model. They have it for almost all the models.
Thirdly, our bikes runs COOLER then stock after we remapped it with TuneBoy.

TuneBoy is pretty much the best option you have in remapping your bike. We have it on all our bikes and a lot of my buddies in our club use it and love it. We have tried the others out there and it does not compare to TuneBoy.

I have a few of my buddies who work in the oil industries and are expats in Vietnam. They are into bikes also and I asked them about this shop "Moto Dang Khoa" and they said this shop is a Bazzaz dealer. So now we know why they are pushing Bazzaz products there. LOL My buddies also said that this shop is pretty careless and does not do a very good job and the owner just talks in circle and avoids direct answers cause he does not know them. I guess he can fool the Vietnamese bikers with his bullshit but can't fool the expats. My buddies don't know a lot of shops there in Vietnam who can speak English so they have to bring it to them. But they try to avoid that shop as much as possible but still keep a working relationship just in case they really need him for a major repair job. If anyone know of a shop in Vietnam who can speak English, please let me know and I will forward it to them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After reading your post I thought you were joking. Can't believe there is a shop that can say such misleading information. They should be out of business by now with all those lies they are telling their customers. After reading about he is a Bazzaz dealer then now I know why he is saying all those lies and is full of crap.

I guess he has to tell those lies to still be in business. LOL My dealer recommended TuneBoy to me a few years ago and I had it done and have never been happier! Bazzaz is old news and can't compete with the competition anymore.

If you look around, you can see a lot of Ducati owners here use TuneBoy and very happy and highly recommend it.

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
I'm not about expensive pipes, dongles or reflashing lately (for the most part that is), but we've been all around this mulberry bush, have we not? The days of the Power Commander and Bazzaz are pretty much over insofar as late model FI bikes are concerned. Tuning via a bespoke map developed specifically for YOUR bike by means of a program flashed directly to the ECU is the ONLY way to go at this point.

Tuneboy offers the most comprehensive and likely overall best experience for folks going down the primrose path of resetting the factory's priorities. I say this as a person who has been skeptical about the meaning of life in this respect, but to compare a program like Tuneboy offers against what can be done with a Bazzaz or PC is like apples and oranges.

Speaking directly to the OP now: Does your dealer have a dynamometer? Without one, getting your setup right will be mostly expensive cut and try guesswork. At least with the Tuneboy package, in the absence of a dyno you can still log data and adjust the parameters to achieve a proper stoichiometric tune across your bike's power (load) demands. But in truth, if your dealer claims to be a tuner and doesn't have a dyno, the best he can do won't match a properly orchestrated dyno tune and it will take longer to zero in on it in the bargain.

Personally, I think you should leave your bike with the stock map for now and go down the modification path only when you have digested the differences between the various options and understand what potential challenges are associated with each solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not about expensive pipes, dongles or reflashing lately (for the most part that is), but we've been all around this mulberry bush, have we not? The days of the Power Commander and Bazzaz are pretty much over insofar as late model FI bikes are concerned. Tuning via a bespoke map developed specifically for YOUR bike by means of a program flashed directly to the ECU is the ONLY way to go at this point.

Tuneboy offers the most comprehensive and likely overall best experience for folks going down the primrose path of resetting the factory's priorities. I say this as a person who has been skeptical about the meaning of life in this respect, but to compare a program like Tuneboy offers against what can be done with a Bazzaz or PC is like apples and oranges.

Speaking directly to the OP now: Does your dealer have a dynamometer? Without one, getting your setup right will be mostly expensive cut and try guesswork. At least with the Tuneboy package, in the absence of a dyno you can still log data and adjust the parameters to achieve a proper stoichiometric tune across your bike's power (load) demands. But in truth, if your dealer claims to be a tuner and doesn't have a dyno, the best he can do won't match a properly orchestrated dyno tune and it will take longer to zero in on it in the bargain.

Personally, I think you should leave your bike with the stock map for now and go down the modification path only when you have digested the differences between the various options and understand what potential challenges are associated with each solution.
I have to agree with you that the Power Commander and Bazzaz is done for with the new FI bikes. Reflashing like TuneBoy is the way to go.

We have been using TuneBoy for a few years now not only on our Ducatis but also on the Triumph and have to say it is one of the best out there now. The service advisor at the Ducati dealer recommended me to try TuneBoy a while ago we did and never turned back.

The shop you are talking about in Vietnam doesn't know shit and feeding you a bunch of bullshit. You definitely can map back to stock either through one of the maps that TuneBoy supplies or the Ducati Dealer can reflash your ECU back to stock. I don't know why anyone would want to go back to stock once you have it reflashed. Your bike is running so much better and not running lean so it is safer for your engine. None of our TuneBoy equipped or anyone that I know off is running hot like an "ISIS Missle". :rolleyes:

Looks like he is a Bazzaz dealer and doing whatever he has to do to make $$$. Too bad he don't care about his customers and giving them bad information. Very bad business practice. You might want to avoid this shop at all cost if you want your bike to be the best it can be and not have problems and breaking down!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
This is so true of any mod. Well said.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is so true of any mod. Well said.
So true. Once you do your research and find out what's best for you then you are ready to go. It took me a few months to see what's out there and read up on what everyone is doing and their feedback and found out that for mapping a bike that TuneBoy is my best bet for our Ducatis. I love it and will do it again on our next bikes. Very satisfied customer here.

With TuneBoy you can go back to stock cause TuneBoy have the stock maps for most of the bikes unless you have a new model which might be a short wait since it's so new. Or the dealer can plug your bike to their computer and reflash it as TuneBoy does not lock the ECU. Don't know where that dealer gets the "runs hot like an ISIS missle" from. Mine runs cooler after I reflashed it with TuneBoy and it runs so much better then stock!

Can't believe there are shops who would lie and do just about everything to make a sale. That shop in Vietnam the OP posted is breaking all the rules. What happened to the brotherhood of helping out each other? Shame of them! :mad:

OP was saying that TuneBoy is new there in Vietnam and a few bikers use them and say good things about it. And then there is a shop that says bad things about it. Well I think I would believe the bikers who use it then a freaking shop who loves to say shit about other products that they don't sale and who lies to everyone to make a sale and try to make them look good!

·
Registered
10 Posts

Well said! I totally agree with you. You cannot compare Bazzaz or PC with TuneBoy especially with newer FI bikes. We are very happy with TuneBoy and use it on all our Ducs. Never seen a Duc use a Bazzaz before, at least around here anyways.

To the bikers who want to remap your bike, just do your research and see what the end user have to say about it and see what is the best option for you. Just don't jump into it on what just 1 person or especially 1 shop say about it, especially if they are a DEALER for that product !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lets set the record straight. As some of the other members here stated, your dealer there in Vietnam is "SHIT" and should not be in business at all. I wonder if they are related to Motovation USA ??? If they are, then it is giving Motovation a very bad reputation!

Secondly, you CAN remap it with the factory map. Either by bringing it back to the Ducati service dept and they can reflash it back.
Or you can use the factory map that TuneBoy supply for the particular model. They have it for almost all the models.

TuneBoy is pretty much the best option you have in remapping your bike. We have it on all our bikes and a lot of my buddies in our club use it and love it. We have tried the others out there and it does not compare to TuneBoy.

I have a few of my buddies who work in the oil industries and are expats in Vietnam. They are into bikes also and I asked them about this shop "Moto Dang Khoa" and they said this shop is a Bazzaz dealer. So now we know why they are pushing Bazzaz products there. LOL My buddies also said that this shop is pretty careless and does not do a very good job and the owner just talks in circle and avoids direct answers cause he does not know them. I guess he can fool the Vietnamese bikers with his bullshit but can't fool the expats. My buddies don't know a lot of shops there in Vietnam who can speak English so they have to bring it to them. But they try to avoid that shop as much as possible but still keep a working relationship just in case they really need him for a major repair job. If anyone know of a shop in Vietnam who can speak English, please let me know and I will forward it to them.

Funny how you mentioned that shop in Vietnam. You are right, that shop is pretty popular. Not in a good way that is. Will get to that in a bit....

I agree with you, who the hell uses Bazzaz on a Ducati?!? :surprise: Reflashing is the way to go on the newer FI bikes. Even if that shop is a Bazzaz dealer, you should not do whatever it takes to make money. That shop is not helping the bikers there in Vietnam at all. It's funny how they can associate TuneBoy with ISIS. :confused: I for one who has TuneBoy on all our Ducatis have seen for the most part, our bikes run a bit cooler and not hot as an "ISIS MISSLE". Our bikes runs a lot smoother and more power too! I'm sure that I can say that for all of the bikers who had their bike reflashed with TuneBoy.

OK, back to that shop. My brother works in Vietnam and this is what he told me. If that is the same shop as "Dang Khoa" in Ho Chi Minh, which I assume it is cause it has the name in it (Moto Dang Khoa), then this shop is one of the worst shops there. Only the owner speaks English (broken English) and he will tell you whatever it takes so you can get it done there. They are a Bazzaz dealer and will try to sell you that and will talk bad about other shops. My brother says that shop does have a lot of equipment but very old equipment and usually the base model. For example the wheel balancer, he says he got his wheel balanced and they had to manually spin the wheel up to speed then the machine will spin it to take a reading. Usually with the readings you have to put how many oz or grams on the 12 o'clock position, but this place did not put it on the 12 o'clock position. Maybe they should read the instructions?!? :nerd:

They do have a Dyno and my brother says that they told him that they can put Bazzaz on his bike and dyno it and tune it so it will make the most HP bike around. They were showing him the dyno charts that were out of this world and other bikes they claim is the best in Vietnam and only come to their shop. My brother says that there was so much bullshit out of his mouth that he wanted to burst out laughing but held it in. His friends go there there cause they too can't find another shop that can speak English...

OP since you can write English, maybe you can ask the bikers around and see what the bikers there know about other shops and if that shop can speak English. That would definitely help the Expats who are there. Also would help other bikers who might plan a trip to your country in the future. Just a thought... :grin2:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Totally off topic but you are NEW to Ducati's and you already have a Multi, a Diavel, and an 1199. Nice start! Good luck finding a reputable shop, sounds like you will need one.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I agree with what you said about Tuneboy, also probably everyone else who uses it also. I have been using Tuneboy for the last year and it works like a charm and my bike runs so much better and it definitely does not run hot like before.

That shop in Vietnam is a total ass. Cannot believe there are shops who would do shit like that and are still in business. You should let everyone there know about the lies they are spreading just to make money and not care about the customers. Avoid them at all costs!

Just do the research and you will find your answers. I found my answer and it was "Tuneboy ROCKS!" :yeah:

·
Registered
12 Posts

Funny how you mentioned that shop in Vietnam. You are right, that shop is pretty popular. Not in a good way that is. Will get to that in a bit....

I agree with you, who the hell uses Bazzaz on a Ducati?!? :surprise: Reflashing is the way to go on the newer FI bikes. Even if that shop is a Bazzaz dealer, you should not do whatever it takes to make money. That shop is not helping the bikers there in Vietnam at all. It's funny how they can associate TuneBoy with ISIS. :confused: I for one who has TuneBoy on all our Ducatis have seen for the most part, our bikes run a bit cooler and not hot as an "ISIS MISSLE". Our bikes runs a lot smoother and more power too! I'm sure that I can say that for all of the bikers who had their bike reflashed with TuneBoy.

OK, back to that shop. My brother works in Vietnam and this is what he told me. If that is the same shop as "Dang Khoa" in Ho Chi Minh, which I assume it is cause it has the name in it (Moto Dang Khoa), then this shop is one of the worst shops there. Only the owner speaks English (broken English) and he will tell you whatever it takes so you can get it done there. They are a Bazzaz dealer and will try to sell you that and will talk bad about other shops. My brother says that shop does have a lot of equipment but very old equipment and usually the base model. For example the wheel balancer, he says he got his wheel balanced and they had to manually spin the wheel up to speed then the machine will spin it to take a reading. Usually with the readings you have to put how many oz or grams on the 12 o'clock position, but this place did not put it on the 12 o'clock position. Maybe they should read the instructions?!? :nerd:

They do have a Dyno and my brother says that they told him that they can put Bazzaz on his bike and dyno it and tune it so it will make the most HP bike around. They were showing him the dyno charts that were out of this world and other bikes they claim is the best in Vietnam and only come to their shop. My brother says that there was so much bullshit out of his mouth that he wanted to burst out laughing but held it in. His friends go there there cause they too can't find another shop that can speak English...

OP since you can write English, maybe you can ask the bikers around and see what the bikers there know about other shops and if that shop can speak English. That would definitely help the Expats who are there. Also would help other bikers who might plan a trip to your country in the future. Just a thought... :grin2:

Looks like this shop in Vietnam is famous there cause a lot of expats or foreigners do know about it. But famous for the way they run their business in a bad way. LOL They think they can fool bikers from other countries who have been riding probably when they were breast feeding. Sooner or later the bikers in Vietnam will figure out the truth and see that shop does a shitty job and don't care about the customers need.

If I were you, I would definitely avoid this shop. If many expats say the same thing about that shop, then you better believe that I would trust them! Who in their right mind would chose Bazzaz over Tuneboy??? Tuneboy and reflashing is the only way to go.

Like everyone says, do your research and see what is the best for you and don't believe a shop who constantly bad mouth others. There is a reason why they would need to bad mouth everyone and everything. It's all about the $$$.

Every Ducati owner who remapped did their research and it looks like almost all chose Tuneboy. There must be a reason for that. I did my research and also found out it was the best for me also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts