Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
- step one - using Tuneboy version 4 with Windows 10 Pro
- RUN these 3 programs ( WB01 find, flash mitsibushi , and tuneboy version 4 or 4.1 ) as ADMINISTRATOR, important
- connect WB01 to computer via USB and to bike connection under seat
- press " WB01 find " - then press " search for WB01 and create network profile "
- then turn ignition on but don"t start the bike and press " flash Mitsibushi " which you should have already downloaded off your USB
stick from Tuneboy , this step connects the motorbike to the computer , top light on the WB01 will turn on when bike is connected
to the computer
- press version 4 , go to tools and press " reset oil service indicator and also reset Desmo service indicator " turn off bike ignition,
disconnect computer , wait a minute , turn bike on and it should be reset , although I had to do mine about 4 times before it finally
worked .

Reactions: Damascus

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey man - sorry, I know this is old. I'm having the same problem on my 2011 Multi with TuneBoy 6. Have you used v6 yet?

I'm also in Canada - Victoria.

David

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried V6 and could not get oil service light to cancel , I personally had to use V4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a comment - I'm using V6, I eventually got it to reset after several attempts, I would guess 6 or more. I didn't do it with the "flash" utility, I used the "TuneBoyTrimMitsubishi" program, it has an option under "tools", which eventually worked on the nth attempt.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Just a comment - I'm using V6, I eventually got it to reset after several attempts, I would guess 6 or more. I didn't do it with the "flash" utility, I used the "TuneBoyTrimMitsubishi" program, it has an option under "tools", which eventually worked on the nth attempt.
I had the same experience just a few days ago. Things I learned:

1. To get the tuneboy software to work I needed to add LogWorks to my Windows 10. I suspect this updated a driver somewhere for the cable to actually work.

2. I'm lucky I saved my tuneboy key. It is tied to the serial number of your ECU. It's been years since I used the tuneboy software... on an old macbook with parallels running windows xp... but I wrote the key down and taped it to the WB01. I'm normally not that organized.

3. You MUST have cruise & tune programmed into the ECU or TunBoyTrimMitsubishi is useless and you won't be able to reset the oil service indicator (I first tried with cruise only... never worked).

4. Took me 3 tries before it actually cleared the oil service indicator.

I forgot what a PITA making sure the Multi didn't power off while programming the ECU was. Hook a battery tender up and keep pressing that button!!!! :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts