Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low for some trim files for the tuneboy software. I purchased the v6 package and it didn't come with any trim files. I know that the v4.1 package was chock full of trim files and since then tuneboy has removed the v4.1 software download link from thier website.

I have emailed tuneboy directly and have had no response from them.

Has anyone setup a drop box, Google drive, etc. For tuneboy trim files?

I'm looking for one that will work well on my 2010 with Leo Vince mid pipe, LR dB killer and stock slip on installed.

I was going to purchase the lc-2 wide band o2 kit but have some questions about the whole mess. Does the kit come with 2 sensors or 1? If one then do you tune one cylinder then the other or just install the sensor in one of the down pipes and call it good for both cylinders?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Tuneboy's response time is horrible. I emailed them 8 days ago and still haven't received a response, one of the reasons I've been reluctant to purchase from them. They are quick to take your money, a friend ordered the cruise kit and received it promptly, fortunately for him he didn't experience any installation problems as others have.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before I purchased they were really quick to answer my questions. Perhaps they have more important stuff going on right now.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Before I purchased they were really quick to answer my questions. Perhaps they have more important stuff going on right now.
I got a reply to my email this afternoon so hopefully you'll be getting a reply soon.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tune files

I received a reply from tuneboy yesterday and they sent me an archive of all the tune files that they have for the V6 software. Attached are all the v4 and v6 trim files i have.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Awesome!

Don't forget that you can load 3 different trim files into your ECU and have them to compare. This is especially nice if you're only butt-tuning and your bike's setup doesn't exactly match one of the supplied trim files.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm on the fence about buying a tuneboy. I want to the tune, cruise control and quick shifter on my 2010 MTS. I emailed tuneboy the question what items I would need and got a response today saying two items, the advanced wifi tuning kit & CC and strain gauge quick shifter kit..
Can someone confirm that's all I'll need?
Their website says the innovate LC-2 wideband & O2 sensor kit is required.
Also do you have to buy the tune + cruise key in addition?
And what about patch cords?
I don't want to spend $1100 and find out I need to spend even more to make it all work.I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you do nothing more than install the canned TB Tune on your bike, you'll discover that it's completely superior to the factory map. I have TB on my 2012, which has a QD exhaust & modified air box. I had my bike dyno-tuned, but when I compared the fuel & ignition settings of my dyno-tuned bike to one of the TB supplied maps, they were virtually identical. As far as a subjective impression of performance differences between the dyno map and the canned map I can't tell the difference. IMO you don't really need all the auto-tuning stuff, unless your bike's setup is highly modified, in which case you would want a real dyno tune.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm on the fence about buying a tuneboy. I want to the tune, cruise control and quick shifter on my 2010 MTS. I emailed tuneboy the question what items I would need and got a response today saying two items, the advanced wifi tuning kit & CC and strain gauge quick shifter kit..
Can someone confirm that's all I'll need?
Their website says the innovate LC-2 wideband & O2 sensor kit is required.
Also do you have to buy the tune + cruise key in addition?
And what about patch cords?
I don't want to spend $1100 and find out I need to spend even more to make it all work.I appreciate the help.
If you want cc and the quick shifter then yes all you need is wifi tune & cruise and the quick shifter. I do however highly recommend the nudge buttons for the cc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tuneboy dyno tuning result

Firstly, I live in Australia and only a couple of hours from Tuneboy HQ so my experience will be very different to others..
Emma, from Tuneboy is great to deal with but is ridiculously busy. Sometimes there is a lag in response but when she is onto the job generally the responses are great.
So I had a 2013 MTS1200 with Cruise and Tune and some standard tunes that come with the software. I decided to go with quick shift and a dyno. I contacted Tuneboy to book my bike in for a dyno with Wayne (Mr. Tuneboy).
I installed a full MIVV exhaust with no baffles in the headers but a baffle in the muffler. I was running V6 with Cruise and Tune and a "Full Termi with no Baffles map".
On the dyno the bike initially produced 127hp (Wayne sees 2013 MTS1200 run anywhere from 120-140hp on his dyno). The rear mixture as all over the place and the throttle bodies were not a close match.
Some hours later the bikes was producing 135.2hp with a much cleaner response and a much more aggressive exhaust note.
Leaving Sydney in peak hour traffic my original thought was that not much had changed and the quick shift was a bit snatchy so I rumbled along in Urban mode using the clutch and cruise control.
Onto the freeway and into Sport mode started looking promising but on the heavily policed road it was no place to try out the bike's performance but the cruise control was brilliant.
I stopped for fuel out of Sydney and decided to see how quickly the bike could rejoin traffic on the 110kmh freeway in sport mode and quick shift.
As we say in Australia - 'bloody hell' - the bike was astonishingly quick and the quick shift only added chaos to the mayhem. The auto blip on downshift was so much fun I was dancing all over the gear shift just for there hell of it.
Pouring rain a half hour later took the fun out of the ride bit it did not slow progress. Cruise control is heavy rain is a great idea as you don't have to take your eyes off the road to check your speed. The auto blip on downshift, the slipper clutch and the other electronic magic on the MTS1200 make riding in greasy conditions so much safer in my opinion.

One thing becomes obvious to me; each of our bikes is unique and valve clearance, throttle body synch and a myriad of other things means that a map to suit one bike might not suit an otherwise identical model.
Have Tuneboy installed, go with all the bells and whistles if you can afford it, get the bike dynotuned and enjoy the ride. As my wife comments, you couldn't take the smile off my face with a cricket bat.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you want cc and the quick shifter then yes all you need is wifi tune & cruise and the quick shifter. I do however highly recommend the nudge buttons for the cc.
I placed my order today and went ahead and ordered the nudge buttons.I was pleasantly surprised the exchange rate made it under $1000 US dollars.. How long does it normally take to receive it in the US?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I placed my order today and went ahead and ordered the nudge buttons.I was pleasantly surprised the exchange rate made it under $1000 US dollars.. How long does it normally take to receive it in the US?
It was about 6 weeks to get to Northern Michigan!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you can wait Tuneboy products typically go on sale around December 1 .

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So far with my setup 2010 mts 1200 LV mid pipe stock can with the dB killer installed the best running Map that I've tried is the v6 mivv with dB killer and stock can map. The others are usually running too rich off idle.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone know if I can just by a generic innovative lc-2 kit say off of eBay and use it with the tuneboy software to tune my bike or do I have to use the tuneboy modified lc-2 kit?

·
Registered
400 Posts
We'll I guess I can rule out installing it next weekend.
I received my tuneboy kit yesterday, was disappointed in their shipping method of a unpadded plastic shipping bag in another uninsulated bag, no bubble wrap, newspaper or anything to be bounced while it gets thrown around from Australia to the US. I'm sure it's fine, just my first thoughts when I saw the lack of protective packaging for such an expensive electronic device.

I'm looking forward to installing it next week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts