Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
We are in Vietnam and my family is new to the Ducati motorcycles. We have a Multistrada and 1199 and Diavel. There is a very popular and famous motorcycle shop here in Ho Chi Minh City and all of Vietnam name Moto Dang Khoa or Motovation Vietnam. And they tell tell me and everybody to use Bazzaz because it is the best to use. Recently a lot of motorcycles have been using Tuneboy in Vietnam and I see the owner very happy and say good things. Sound too good to be true! Moto Dang Khoa write bad thing about Tuneboy so I don't know what to get. Many bikers here see that and don't want Tuneboy now and say bad things. I attach what Moto Dang Khoa writ so you see and translate so you understand :

Here is the consequence of reflash tuneboy! Beside of the impossibility of returning to the original mapping, the bike will exhaust like rockets on ISIS. Basically, the Ducatista will take the risk when he decides to map. Once he wants to turn back to the original mapping he must buy a new ECU. For sure the bike will not work as smooth as before. Otherwise, the bike will be heating extremely fast and sounds like a tractor.

I want to gets information from this forum because this forum specialize in Ducati and I think you will know more about motorcycle then Vietnam because Vietnam is new to motorcycle compare to other countries. Thank you for all your info and this will help us make right decision!

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
I hear very good things about the Bazzaz system, very tunable and expandable. Several friends have them on their street and track bikes and are very happy.....

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I have a custom tuneboy both cylinder mapped on my 999r it hauls ass and is smooth as butter

At the end of the day any tune is only as good as the tuner understanding the bike the software and what you want and it's parameters

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a custom tuneboy both cylinder mapped on my 999r it hauls ass and is smooth as butter

At the end of the day any tune is only as good as the tuner understanding the bike the software and what you want and it's parameters
Good advice, I've used Rexxer, Tune ECU and I'm currently running tuneboy on my 999R and I'm very happy with the outcome.
The only complaint I've ever heard regards tuneboy is Wayne's people skills, but hey that's not what your buying.

As far as your shop recommending bazzaz, it's good stuff but maybe they are more familiar with it.

Reactions: xracer

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I know what Xracer does for a living, but I don't know what the rest of you do.

Dealing with the public/retail is extremely difficult, a bit like dealing with the media if you were a GP rider, they ask the stupidest questions & demand impossible deals.
I can understand why Tuneboy's owner would be testy, the ratio of good customers to fuckwits is out of balance in almost every business.

I used to get quizzed for info, knowing full well if I gave it, the customer would shop my product online after gleaning my knowledge, so I had to be secretive to protect my knowledge.

I don't think Tuneboy sucks, I think you need to work with him, rather than bag him, but since you have done this thread, I would have second thoughts about working with you.

Craig

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
REXXER will fix up TB if it gets a mess made of it.
No Problem and Fast Polite service
NICE People who take time to assist if you .
Much more reasonable price for what you get.
you don't hafta try to interpret the pi$$ poor instructions and you don'y hafta kiss a$$ to try to get ontrack.

A WEB SITE with Concise instructions should be in the realm of a "Company" that is supposed to be Tech savy.
No Site with some simple tutorials???
A lot of talk when a "New Product " is introduced or a Sale is on then you may get them to chime in and be Very Nice .
TILL you send them some money then they skip town never to be heard from again.

Yeah BS about Lawsuits and planted bombs in Rexxer Cruise Control with "STOLEN" info.

Hell Australian is hard to interpet at the best of times even if you speak the same Dialect.

CRIKEY good that there are alternatives, for people to make choices.

Why deal with rude poor business people?
I'll wager that the site was FLOODED with people complaining,
Just observations....

Choose wisely.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
FYI crew you don't need to deal with Wayne ? You can deal with a number of tuneboy stockists and tuners . How many of you have a hotline to Ducati's global Ceo .....

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can avoid all of this and take a look at the RapidBike module. Plug and play best mod I have ever done tunes your bike in real time. Adapts to any changes or mods you do to your bike. No need for remapping every time you add a performance part. Can even be fine tuned after you do a few hundred miles. Worth taking a look at you won't be disappointed. Also has great customer service and instructions. Hope this helps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts