Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish I didn't have to post here but I want to share my experience as well as I don't believe it's an isolated incident.

Tuneboy service is a nightmare to deal with. Their term and conditions mention that they'll provide support and service on the tuneboy features but they can barely troubleshoot issues with the rebranded quickshifter they are selling.

It all started when my quickshifter stopped working less than a year after I got it (and the bike sat for 6 month during the winter). When I took it this season, the quickshifter only worked twice. That's when I contacted tuneboy support. My first email was on June 6th 2020 and I got the first reply on June 17th. Wayne mention I should pull up the target screen to troubleshoot the issue, I did that and took a video showing nothing was moving on that screen as it looked like the strain gauge was not even plugged. That's when Wayne rudeness started showing in his email on June 30th: he only mentioned his limited documentation not even watching the video I sent him with everything he has been asking for. This is now 24 days after my first email. I got a total of 4 emails from him between June 6th and July 27th. The next ones were only one liner telling me to read the doc....

Fed up, I started researching online and saw that Cordona was the company that tuneboy was repackaging for its quickshifter; I decided to give it a shot and contacted them to solve my issue.
To my surprise, they actually replied 2 hours after my first email, giving me clear instructions on how to see what was broken. They identified the issue with the control board in the first few emails in less than 24h. The next day they were asking for my address and sent me a full replacement of the control board, sensor and even fitted the plug for my Ducati diavel. What an unexpected turn of event! I put it on today and the quickshifter worked right away.

As much as Wayne's work is great for the community, I can't recommend buying anything from Tuneboy as you're basically left without warranty as the previous post mentioned. The company needs to hire a proper support person to deal with warranty; Wayne is certainly not fitted for this kind of work.

I will certainly not buy from tuneboy anymore but I want to give a big shout out to cordona who really saved me on that one.
I would recommend sending them an email if you have an issue with your quickshifter as you'll have better luck than with tuneboy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great result, great post.

My downshifts are getting really stiff and unreliable. Sometime I can bash it with my foot and it won't budge. Somewhat disconcerting when rapidly approaching a corner.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Also, the Cordona link you posted doesn't seem to work.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts