Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beta version of Version 6 software is now available and features launch control.

As there are no guidelines for setup, its going to be trial and error to get it just right.
I will be testing some settings over the next few weeks and will post the result of each change, including:

• Launch RPM value
  • RPM Sweep Rate value
  • Hold RPM value
  • Riding experience
If you are running the new version of software, feel free to contribute your settings and results too

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'll be installing my Leo Vince decat and Tuneboy edit , CC, QS , and MWR performance filter in about a month , I have V5 , but if some of the bugs are worked out of beta V6 , I will try it , hope you have some good results to share with us .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installed V6 yesterday...Weren't there some "recommended" settings somewhere for Launch?

For now I have left LC unchecked until I am sure where to start.

Sure would be nice if TB did some better documentation but I guess that's beating a real dead horse...LOL

Steve

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Launch RPM: 4000
Launch Rate: 1000
Launch Hold: 100

Bogged down as the clutch was released, then hold elapsed and the bike went vertical... and I mean Biaggi vertical. Wont be doing that again.
Will raise the RPM to 6000 or 7000 so it doesnt bog down but max out the rate and hold to ensure it doesn't flip. Work my way back from there.
Might try it with increased DTC setting as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would love to have seen you doing this full-on Biaggi. Once in a lifetime experience! Kudos! ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5823 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After cheating death on the last attempt, I thought it best to leave the RPM at 4,000 and turn the sweep and hold up as far as possible - test how it performs then work my way down from there.

Zero kph - 1st gear - full throttle - clutch out!

The bike roars up to around 40kph and bounces off the imposed limiter once or twice and feels like the wind has left the sails. It then progressively accelerates but nowhere near as fast as it should.
So from here, I will add more RPM, reduce the sweep time and leave the hold time where it is.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Increased RPM to 5000
Decreased Rate to 4000
Decreased Hold to 200

With just the right amount of slip it leaves the line hard and only just touches the hold for a split second before racing away.
I tried several more times and the DTC just keeps intervening. I think the revs might be a little too high or I'm dropping the clutch too fast.

New settings:
RPM dropped to 4500
Rate decreased to 3750
Hold decreased to 190

We'll see how that turns out...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DTC is set on 5 at the moment - once I'm happy with the way it launches then I'll turn it down.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Level 5 is too intrusive, I don't run any of my modes higher than level 4

·
Registered
589 Posts
I use Level 3 in sport , which is where I do 98% of my riding .

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like i said - once I'm happy with the launch control electronics I will be turning the DTC down.
Bear in mind I am 110kg so what works for me may not necessarily work for you

·
Registered
272 Posts
Like i said - once I'm happy with the launch control electronics I will be turning the DTC down.
Bear in mind I am 110kg so what works for me may not necessarily work for you
Tyres will make a difference too - I am running Metzeler M7RR.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems like the last change in settings turned out to be just right!

RPM 4500
Rate 3750
Hold 190

I've dropped the DTC sensitivity down to 3 (where I normally like it) and the front wheel gets a nice hover going. The rate and hold are just enough to allow some air between the front wheel and the road without DTC killing the joy. The key is riding the clutch, not dumping it!

Will try to get some video this weekend!

Hope this helps all of those running V6 - bear in mind that if you are heavier than 108kg then you could probably get away with running more RPM. If you're lighter then less RPM would be the go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts