Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, that was fun :)

Ordered the full TuneBoy (cruise and tune) kit and it arrived by Express Mail in Vancouver, Canada within a few days.

Friday night I tried to install the software but couldn't get it to complete the "erase" function at Step 4.

Tried again Saturday morning and got it complete part of the initial setup (Steps 4 to 18) but the "erase" function locked again when I got to Step 19.

Gave up and emailed TuneBoy for help but of course it is the weekend.

Emma got back to me Sunday night (Monday morning in Stralya) saying she had asked Brad (support guy) to send me some suggestions. He did - but they didn't work.

Monday night Emma asked me to do some tests and get the info back to her.

Tuesday night Emma emailed me a new Flash Program that Wayne had created.

I ran the program, installed the rest of the software and 5 minutes from plugging in the USB cable the bike was running.

How's THAT for great product support!!!:D

·
Premium Member
759 Posts

Ordered the full TuneBoy (cruise and tune) kit and it arrived by Express Mail in Vancouver, Canada within a few days.

Friday night I tried to install the software but couldn't get it to complete the "erase" function at Step 4.

Tried again Saturday morning and got it complete part of the initial setup (Steps 4 to 18) but the "erase" function locked again when I got to Step 19.

Emma got back to me Sunday night (Monday morning in Stralya) saying she had asked Brad (support guy) to send me some suggestions. He did - but they didn't work.

I ran the program, installed the rest of the software and 5 minutes from plugging the USB cable in the bike was running.

That is good to hear. I've been thinking about ordering for some time and your post sealed the deal.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'm glad they got it working, but I've read too many accounts like yours where it takes days to get the bike running. It'd be nice if it worked the first time, no?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts

I ran the program, installed the rest of the software and 5 minutes from plugging the USB cable in the bike was running.

Bloody miracle for Australia.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I also had no problems installing, but when I initially installed the program(on 2 different computers), I got an error stating that the install was incomplete, that "Create Process failed Code 740. The requested operation requires elevation". However, the program seems to run fine.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Tuneboy is a really great product. If the tech support is working, they will become rich.

Reminds me, I need to check on the status of their quickshifter...

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I also had no problems installing, but when I initially installed the program(on 2 different computers), I got an error stating that the install was incomplete, that "Create Process failed Code 740. The requested operation requires elevation". However, the program seems to run fine.
That means you need to run the program as an administrator and not a normal limited user. Right click the setup program and choose Run As Administrator

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Update

So, ... we got to road test Sofia today.

Engine response and smoothness was MUCH improved in the magic 1500 to 4000 RPM range :)

Idle was high and erratic, with considerable popping on decel.

Adjusted both air screws fully closed (turn clockwise).

Idle now smooth and steady @ 1250 RPM, with NO popping on decel :)

Last thing to do is get a full-meal-deal tune at: 2 Wheel DynoWorks | Pacific Northwest Premier Mobile Motorcycle Dyno Tuner

Oh, .... and the cruise control?

SIMPLY MAGNIFICENT!!!:D

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tuneboy is a really great product. If the tech support is working, they will become rich.

Reminds me, I need to check on the status of their quickshifter...
Emma told me a few days ago that they haven't yet found a strain gauge that meets their requirements.

I'm gonna order that kit too as soon as they can supply :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm glad they got it working, but I've read too many accounts like yours where it takes days to get the bike running. It'd be nice if it worked the first time, no?
New shit always takes a bit of time to sort out.

If was easy any idgit could do it :eek:

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
This "idgit" just ordered the Tuneboy Advanced package in anticipation of the quick shifter. Not really after the cruise feature since I'm not sure how much I would use it in Europe but I certainly want to mess with the tune a little. The quick shifter will be icing on the cake for me :)..

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
Once you try the CC you might be surprised, I pretty much use it all the time on the motorway and even some of the slightly less twisty stuff or after a long day in the saddle for an easier ride home. :)

I would like to be able to engage it at slower speeds though for e.g. when stuck on narrow Irish roads behind a tractor, e.g. 20kph, first or 2nd gear. Maybe Wayne can add "personal limits" for this but default to what he considers safer for "normal" use.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks, I'll give it a try. BTW, I can't seem to make the nudge buttons work. The Trim package gives you the screen to allow the choice, but I'm unsure how to save it. Do you have to reflash the ECU?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This "idgit" just ordered the Tuneboy Advanced package in anticipation of the quick shifter. Not really after the cruise feature since I'm not sure how much I would use it in Europe but I certainly want to mess with the tune a little. The quick shifter will be icing on the cake for me :)..
Ya know, I thought I won't use the cruise much either. I'm a big fan of constant participation and paying attention to what the hell you are doing.

BUT - I did my first 400 km ride with the CC yesterday and ended up with it on at least 2/3 of the time. I have a buggered up right shoulder (race crash a couple of years ago) and CC greatly reduces fatigue. It also reduces the probability of speeding tickets.

I also noticed that I didn't use the nudge button much. It is SO easy to engage and disengage with my right hand that that is what I did most of the time.

Correction on my earlier post. Turns out we still have a little bit of popping on decel, but I expect we will fix that when we get on the dyno for the full tune.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ya know, I thought I won't use the cruise much either. I'm a big fan of constant participation and paying attention to what the hell you are doing.

BUT - I did my first 400 km ride with the CC yesterday and ended up with it on at least 2/3 of the time. I have a buggered up right shoulder (race crash a couple of years ago) and CC greatly reduces fatigue. It also reduces the probability of speeding tickets.

I also noticed that I didn't use the nudge button much. It is SO easy to engage and disengage with my right hand that that is what I did most of the time.

Correction on my earlier post. Turns out we still have a little bit of popping on decel, but I expect we will fix that when we get on the dyno for the full tune.
^^ This.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
oleary ? What computer did you use the old comodor64?

I am thinking bout getting my dealership involved and have their puter wiz get into it.

Maybe they will cut me a deal and they can get experience on the set up .Win Win !!!

I don't have the patience or experience or the confidence to take n such a task!

don't feel like experimenting and messing things up . I kinda know my limitations ...
Glad YOU like it .
Would you complain if it wasn't up to snuff???:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts